Thread: Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

Login to Give a bone

Default Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

I am in the process of creating some Dynamic Blocks. I want to put a wipeout in the block but for some reason the wipeout will not stay behind my Dynamic Block objects. I am sending the wipeout behind the objects when I am in the block editor but it doesn't stay behind them. Can someone help with this issue?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by jjvapas View Post
    I am in the process of creating some Dynamic Blocks. I want to put a wipeout in the block but for some reason the wipeout will not stay behind my Dynamic Block objects. I am sending the wipeout behind the objects when I am in the block editor but it doesn't stay behind them. Can someone help with this issue?
    Draworder isn't going to do the job inside a block very well. You need to recreate the objects you want on top. Try this routine:
    Code:
    ;Because draworder often requires a regen.
    (defun C:Recreate (/ ss)
      (setq ss (ssget "I"))
      (if (= ss nil)
        (progn
          (prompt "Select Objects to Recreate on Top.")
          (setq ss (ssget))
        )
      )
      (command "._UNDO" "_BEgin")
      (command "copy" ss "" "_non" "0,0" "")
      (command "erase" ss "")
      (princ)
    )

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the code it seems to work. The problem is wipeout causes all kinds of problems. I have a dynamic block with several different parameters and they all get screwed up. I'm struggling to get the function of all the other parameters to work after putting the wipeout into the block. Any tips on creating dynamic blocks with masking regionswould be appreciated. It's much easier in Revit!

Login to Give a bone

instead of a wipeout, use a solid hatch with the color set to Truecolor 255,255,255

presuming you are plotting with lines overwrite, not lines merge

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Tom and cadtag. Tom the code you provided works well. Thanks for sharing. cadtag - the solid hatch technique works well too. I was able to utilize it in my block with multiple visibility parameters. The downside to the hatch is you lose the other objects from a visibility standpoint being that I am creating the objects on layer 0. I'll live with the downsides though because they work! I will probably use both techniques depending on the situation.

Login to Give a bone

I've been trying to draw steel roof deck for years and have tried lines and blocks, but have not hit upon an effective method to truncate [correct term?] the ends without the "deck" shape distorting/extending at the ends [line] or not appearing [arrayed dblock]. This morning I hit upon using a moving wipeout xhatch in the arrayed dblock to "erase" the leading end, but have also run into problems with draw order. Each array is newer than the wipeout and ends up on top when I want it under [see attached dwg]. Can draw order be designated by layer, rather than object, so that all objects on a layer have the same relative draw order as compared to all objects on another layer?

I am an absolute novice and completely lost when it comes to lisp. That's something that's always interested me but never had the time to learn; too busy doing what I am supposed to be doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files