Thread: Anyone knows how to change several conduit bend radius globally?

Login to Give a bone

Question Anyone knows how to change several conduit bend radius globally?

I am working on a drawing which I would like to change the radius of the conduits bend parts, is there anyway I could just select all of the conduits bend parts, then I could change the radius of curvature R1 for all of bend parts in one go? It seems that MEP only allow me to change the radius of curvature R1 individually which is quite time consuming, anybody knows, very appreciated... Unfortunately property match doesn't work in this case...

Thanks
    Amanda

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anyone knows how to change several conduit bend radius globally?

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to globally change existing conduit bends. However, if you have a requirement to use specific radius bends for a project you might want to create a bend style.

WARNING: I strongly suggest that you save a copy of the out-of-the-box (OOTB) catalog before making any modifications so that you can return to this if an error occurs in your new catalog.

NOTE: My current project requires AMEP 2008 so some of the items I describe may not apply or may be different than my screen shots for newer versions.

Now on to the fun,

1. Go to the catalog editor and open your newly created conduit catalog.
    2. Open the conduit type you want to modify. (In my example EMT set screw connectors) See Figure 1 attached.
    3. You should be able to copy and paste the standard radius bends and rename it.
    4. Go to the calculations module and change the R1 radius to what you want. See Figures 2 and 3.
    5. Now that you have a new style you can click an individual bend and change the conduit fitting style. See Figures 4, 5, and 6.
    6. Additionally, you can change the conduit preferences to your newly created style to make all the newly crated bends on the drawing in this style. See Figure 7.

I recognize that I have given very little information but play with it a bit and post back with any problems/questions you may have.

Hope this helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, Scott ~ this might help~

Login to Give a bone

error.docxHi

I have been working on this project by using autocad mep 2013 which my computer was just upgraded to, I found that i am not allowed to modified the conduits bend radius, it is so frustrating...i tried to open catalog editor and modified it and it didn't work, i think i have messed up this.
    1st question: how could I back to default setting?
    2nd question: where it went wrong?