Thread: Duct Insulation and Lining Tag

Login to Give a bone

Default Duct Insulation and Lining Tag

Hi,

From what I gather there is no easy way to show duct lining or insulation on a 2D view/sheet. I am trying to find a way to automatically display weather or not a section of duct work has lining/insulation through means of a tag. I do not want to add a manual note. I have developed a tag that has 4 types to represent the different lining/insulation arrangements. This means you still have to change the tag type depending on if the duct is lined or insulated.

Any ideas on how to create an ‘if’ statement in conjunction with a yes/no parameter to turn the visibility of the lining and insulation notes on or off automatically? In other words, I could tag a piece of duct work and should it be insulated or lined the tag would indicate this automatically. I have provided my family.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Duct Insulation and Lining Tag

I'm not 100% positive but i, not sure that this would work without creating additional share parameters that the tag and duct both share. Right now i don't believe there is anything that the tag can read/pull with what is setup. I could be wrong though, i haven't played with your tag yet either

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I could be wrong and also not explain it very well but I believe you cant use shared parameters with tag type parameters

You can put a shared parameter in a label, but not in the Family Types parameters...

If you could then you could have an integer value parameter that is set to 1 if the Lining is above zero, then set the visibility of the label to a Yes No parameter that displays when the integer parameter is set to 1, an example of what you cant do is attached

Login to Give a bone

In RME 2012, the insulation is it's own type of object that can be added to entire runs of duct or pipe. You have several options for identifying and tagging insulation or lining. First, you can create view filters like I did in the image attached where I create a filter that adds a cross hatch pattern to the insulated duct. You can also see the insulations as seperate geometry (even in hidden line mode) and you can create an insulation tag. In my example, I tagged the insulation type.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Well, it is good to see that 2012 is taking care of some of the drafting issues that 2011 experiences. Thanks for the information.