Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner

Login to Give a bone

Default Beginner

Hello everyone

In Revit MEP 2011, How can find the command "Change Element Type"?

Thanks for your responds

MT

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Beginner

I'm sorry if my question was not clear enough. I am learning Revit MEP 2011 from the tutorial videos. Following is from the tutorial document.

Configure the linked model for space bounding
    The most common method of designing systems in Revit MEP is to work within a linked architectural
    building model. In this section, you configure a linked model in order to begin designing systems in it.
    1 In the Project Browser, verify that Views (Discipline) ➤ Design ➤ Spaces ➤ Floor Plans ➤ Level
    2 - Space Plan is highlighted, indicating that it’s the active view.
    2 Place the cursor over the linked model, and after the linked model highlights, click to select it.
    The status bar located at the bottom of the window and the tooltip indicate the Linked Revit
    Model.
    3 Click Modify RVT Links tab ➤ Element panel ➤ Element Properties drop-down ➤ Type Properties.
    4 In the Type Properties dialog, under Constraints, select Room Bounding, and click OK.
    5 Press Esc to clear the selection.
    6 In the Project Browser, expand Views (Discipline) ➤ Design ➤ MEP - Design ➤ Elevations
    (Building Elevation), and double-click West - MEP.
    7 Click Architect tab ➤ Levels & Grids panel ➤ Level.
    8 Click Place Level tab ➤ Element panel, and select Level : Plenum from the Type Selector
    drop-down.
    9 On the Draw panel, click (Line).

The problem here is, in my Revit MEP, Element Panel is not there. I cannot complete step no 8.

Thanks for your helps.

Login to Give a bone

Hello,
    I believe the steps should be:
    7. Click Architect tab ➤ Datum panel ➤ Level.
    8. In Properties palette, select Level : Plenum from the Type Selector drop-down.
    9. On the Draw panel, click (Line).

Hope this helps!

Anna

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by minhtct View Post
    Hello everyone

In Revit MEP 2011, How can find the command "Change Element Type"?

Thanks for your responds

MT
    Are you referring to the TYPE SELECTOR?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by anna.oscarson View Post
    Hello,
    I believe the steps should be:
    7. Click Architect tab ➤ Datum panel ➤ Level.
    8. In Properties palette, select Level : Plenum from the Type Selector drop-down.
    9. On the Draw panel, click (Line).

Hope this helps!

Anna

Hi

In step 8, my Properties palette only containts 2 choices: Type Properties and Properties there is not an option for me to select Level.

Thanks for your responds

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Are you referring to the TYPE SELECTOR?

Like the post above, I do not how to get to Type Selector command/drop down.

Thanks for your helps

MT

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

To be able to change something, you must first have it selected. Then, on the PROPERTIES PALETTE, you can select a new type from a similar family type. I.E. You can change a light fixture A to light fixture B, but you can't change a light fixture to a receptacle (for example).

Matt

Login to Give a bone

Please take a look at the attached image. Do you not see the same thing when you do the steps?
    (If you do not see the "Level: Plenum" in the drop list it could be because of the template you are using, try to create a new project using the e.g.Mechanical-Default.rte and do the steps again)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your helps. I got what you show in the image. I found out the tutorial Videos was made for 2010; therefore, its menu layouts/dropouts do not look like what I have.

I came to another problem in the next lesson. The tutorial show how to modify the properties of the plenum plan we just create. Their Instance Properties Dialog box does not match my Properties Dialog box so that I cannot enter the values that the tutorial shows because my box does not have those fields.

For a beginner like me, I have to do exactly what is on the videos. I cannot go around the problems and try to solve it with a diff way or come up here and aks for help, evey time I got stuck, which I figure it will be plenty. For that, I have to stop using this tutorial and try to get the 2011 version.

Again thanks for your responds.

MT

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by minhtct View Post
    Thanks for your helps. I got what you show in the image. I found out the tutorial Videos was made for 2010; therefore, its menu layouts/dropouts do not look like what I have.

I came to another problem in the next lesson. The tutorial show how to modify the properties of the plenum plan we just create. Their Instance Properties Dialog box does not match my Properties Dialog box so that I cannot enter the values that the tutorial shows because my box does not have those fields.

For a beginner like me, I have to do exactly what is on the videos. I cannot go around the problems and try to solve it with a diff way or come up here and aks for help, evey time I got stuck, which I figure it will be plenty. For that, I have to stop using this tutorial and try to get the 2011 version.

Again thanks for your responds.

MT
    Does your reseller not have classes that you can take? Or are you trying to learn from just the demo version on your own? Check your local colleges as well, they may offer classes....
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast