Thread: Heidi Driver

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Heidi Driver

I am installing acad 2012 and have run into a potential problem. When I start up 2012 I get a quick error box stating "Heidi driver cannot be loaded. Switching to default software driver." From what I understand this has to do with a print driver? My question is how do I fix this, where can I isolate the driver that is causing the error message and either replace it or fix it? I have installed 2012 on other machines and have not had any problems. Also, I am able to use the program on the machine where this is occuring however everytime I start up I recieve the error message. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Heidi Driver

I too have just installed AuotCAD 2012 and am also receiving this same error message every time I start the software or open a file.
    Also, despite having saved a profile and personalised workspace, the program reverts back to the MEP Design workspace every time it is started.
    The device driver search path is set to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD MEP 2012\drv and current Heidi drivers are in this location.
    Any clues as to how to solve this would be appreciated.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I am not having any problems with the workspace just the driver module. I also checked the file search path and mine is sent to the same folder on the c:drive the only difference being (not important) I am just using AutoCAD not MEP.

Login to Give a bone

Try going to your Options..."System Tab"...Select "Performance Settings"...try turning off Enable Hardware Acceleration...

See if that fixes it...

If so Autocad may not like the video card or you need to update your driver...

If that does fix it, you can reenable the acceleration but turning on only certain effects

I'd check to make sure I have the drivers updated first before messing with the hardware acceleration though....
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Thank you.
    Turning off Enable Hardware Acceleration has resolved the Heidi error message.
    However I still have the issue with the wrong profile/settings being loaded every time I start AutoCAD 2012.
    Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Login to Give a bone

When you did your install did you migrate your profile? That may be the issue....as I am having issues with my 2011 install where I accidentally migrated....

Might try a fresh 2012 profile...
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I got this error message for the first time this morning. My "Enable Hardware Acceleration" was already off. I switched it on. Not sure yet if this affected it one way or the other.