Thread: Interview For AutoCAD Class

Login to Give a bone

Default Interview For AutoCAD Class

Hello! I didn't know where to post this, so I am posting here.

I am an interior design student and I have an assignment where I need to interview a professional who uses AutoCAD in their practice. It is an extremely short interview, but I have had no luck finding anyone to interview in my city. Of course, it doesn't help that they gave me the assignment with 3 days to find and interview someone.

Is there anyone here who would be willing to be interviewed? I would be willing to send the interview through email, conduct a phone interview, or instant message with Skype.

Please Help!

Kjellsi H.
    kjellsi@comcast.net

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interview For AutoCAD Class

Here are the questions in case someone would just like to e-mail the answers to me. Thanks!

Name, location, and profession of the person

Q1: When do they use AutoCAD in the production process (i.e. preliminary design, design development, etc.)

Q2: What types of standardization they use.

Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that AutoCAD brings to their practice?

Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Ask the interviewee to provide logical examples to support your answer.

Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what are the advantages of doing this. If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?
    If the interviewee does not use modelspace and paperspace identify why it is not used by his/her firm.

Q6: If the interviewee used modelspace and paperspace ask the following question: Since every AutoCAD drawing is usually created on a scale of 1:1, won't the scale hinder you as a designer in terms of sheet layout? Why or why not? Provide logical examples to support your answer.
    If the interviewee does not use paperspace, then enquire how the firm plots for the various scales on each sheet.

Q7: What types of projects do you usually use AutoCAD for and are they generally 2 or 3 dimensional drawings?

Q8: Do you have to change the preliminary setup and standardization of a drawing depending on the specific project or client or do you keep the same basic page setup for all of your projects?

Login to Give a bone

Please see this thread especialy post #4.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the links! I actually had an incredibly helpful e-mail response to my questions. It's amazing how many of those posts there are in the forums! The school I am going to gives us about three days to find someone who is willing to take time out of their busy schedules to be interviewed. A heads up a couple weeks in advance would greatly reduce the requests on here from panicked students!
    -K