Thread: All drawings open as read-only even when they aren't open by anyone

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question All drawings open as read-only even when they aren't open by anyone

Upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and AutoCAD 2011 and have found that EVERY drawing I open from our sharepointe site, or from attachment in email, opens as read-only, even though I know no one has that drawing open. Is there a check-box somewhere I've missed? Very frustrating to save every file before I open it. Thanks in advance for any assistance. !!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: All drawings open as read-only even when they aren't open by anyone

If you open one drawing in read-only mode, that setting is remembered in the File/Open dialogue.
    Just do a File/Open and click the down-arrow at bottom right and select Open.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: All drawings open as read-only even when they aren't open by anyone

Quote Originally Posted by jowings View Post
    Upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and AutoCAD 2011 and have found that EVERY drawing I open from our sharepointe site, or from attachment in email, opens as read-only, even though I know no one has that drawing open.
    That is as-designed. Files you download or open from email (by default) are saved to the %temp% directory which is read-only on Win7 AFAIK.

If downloading in a browser, change your default download location, and for email, you'll have to save the DWG to another location first.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |