Thread: 2012 lockup issues

Login to Give a bone

Default 2012 lockup issues

Running Revit Suite 2012 - ACAD 2012
    on Core2Cuo@3.15GHz w/ 8GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700
    XPx64 Pro SP2

Kindof an old machine, but wasn't a problem for 2011.

I installed 2012 last week and have been having more issues than I've encountered in a while. Primary issue is when I am changing between drawings open in the same session. It locks up for 15-40 seconds with no consistent duration. This also started happening when switching between sheets in the same drawing (an even bigger pain when trying to create pdfs for a deadline issue last night). I reinstalled to no avail. I checked the latest driver for my vcard and I am up to date (reassuring since my driver for 2011 wasn't certified by Autodesk).

The only thing different from this past weeks install compared to past years would be that I UNinstalled all previous versions after activating 2012. My coworker and I had been having issues with drawings opening in the latest version so I decided to eliminate the issue and free up HDD space. I left previous versions of Revit installed due to lack of backwards compatibility for some projects.

I use DrawingTabsManager from CAE-Link, but it is the old 2011 version. I suspected this as the cause, unloaded it, and the issue still occurs. (Honestly, I can't believe Autodesk hasn't included a function like this for switching back and forth between open drawings in the same session.)

I haven't run Revit 2012 enough yet to have noticed any issues.

Someone, please, help!

Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2012 lockup issues

did you run a repair of the 2012 apps after uninstalling the previous versions? If you did, it may be best to do a clean un-install, and re-install from scratch.
    Last edited by cadtag; 2011-05-05 at 11:12 PM. Reason: sp

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    did you run a repair of the 2012 apps after uninstalling the previous versions? If you did, it may be best to do a clean un-install, and re-install from scratch.
    I chose the reinstall option, not the repair option. Hopefully, I'll have time tomorrow to perform a clean un-re-install as you suggest.

Now the problem occurs during common commands suchs as -undo and -align. Very frustrating.

Login to Give a bone

I had a similar problem years back with 2008 using a network installation. The lag was occurring with common commands, shortcuts, buttons, scripts, lisps, saves, opens, layout switching, etc. That lag was only 5-30 seconds depending on what was being done.

The reason was how we'd handled the deployments. Our systems were checking back to a central "support" folder every time AutoCAD needed something (like verifying a shortcut with the pgp file) and it was our network causing the lag.