Thread: Parametric Multi-Window Family

Login to Give a bone

Default Parametric Multi-Window Family

I am trying to create a window array family using a nested single window family that is fully parametric (the window itself works perfectly in projects). The problem is that the parametric array works (array count, array distance to last, always centered on the family center reference plane) in the family, but as soon as I try to use it in a project, the windows become misaligned. When two windows are specified, one is in the proper location, and one is offset toward the exterior side of the wall by several inches. When three windows are specified in the array count, the same thing happens with the first two windows, and the third is rotated 90 degrees! It was created using a linear array, so I don't know why this is happening. As a test, I also used a linear array with no changeable parameters and the same thing happened, so it seems to be a function of the array itself and not the parameters I am specifying. I have attached the file if you would like to look at the family. Any help would be great!

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parametric Multi-Window Family

In addition, since I am on the topic of arrays, is there a way to make the first and last item of an array invisible while leaving the rest visible?

All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    In addition, since I am on the topic of arrays, is there a way to make the first and last item of an array invisible while leaving the rest visible?
    Not directly. you must hide it via other geometry. think like a window grille pattern. you can hide the first and last in a window sash frame. This is what I do so that I can use the same array pattern and make it appear that there is only one grille in the array... cause you can't set an array to '1' or 0, but 3 & 2 works just fine.

Login to Give a bone

I have come across similar issues with my array families, and have fixed them by locking the first and last elements of the array to the proper reference planes. When I opened your family it looked like the nested window families were not locked the header reference plane or to the side reference planes, so that could be causing your issues. Hope that helps.