Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civil 3D Training

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D Training

Check out Cadpilot dot com. Tench does weekly video training on various Civil 3d items and he's pretty darned good at it. They also have the option of paid blocks of training.

Sounds like what he offers and what you want are about the same.

Pay for 10 hour block of training, and he'll work with you on one of your projects...

Nope, I'm not compensated by them at all....I just feel bad about taking his free training sessions. County budget is too tight to consider actual training. Grab them when I can and there's always something new I didn't know about in his weekly sessions.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D Training

Just about every company or person that I've run into that does Civil 3D training offers some sort of dedicated or customized training. Some consider "custom" as picking and choosing chapters out of a book, where others truly tailor a class around your workflows and data sets. You definitely have to vet the company and the specific trainer and conference calls/in-person meetings are definitely suggestion of mine. Marketing materials and website landing pages don't tell the whole story.

Autodesk should have a list of Authorized Training Centers (ATCs) in your area (as a matter of fact, I know of a few) and those that aren't will likely have the flexibility of sending the right person to you, possibly even on site in your own conference room with a mobile computer lab. There are a lot of options out there, but more important than anything is getting in touch with the right person performing the training and making sure he or she knows exactly what your expectations are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12