Thread: Revit 2012 "Graphic Display Options" in the properties pallete

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Revit 2012 "Graphic Display Options" in the properties pallete

In RAC 2012 when you select a single view in the project browser you get the "Graphic Display Options" in the Properties Pallete whicn now is apparently an "Edit..." button that opens a seperate dialog box instead of the drop down menu as in previous versions. So therefore when you select multiple views in the project browser and you want to change the "Graphic Display Options" that options disappears.

Is there a new way to change the "Graphic Display Options" for multiple views at once in 2012 that I am not aware of? In RAC 2011 it was a drop down so it was available when multiple views were selected.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2012 "Graphic Display Options" in the properties pallete

You can create a view template that has the seetings you want and select multiple views in the browser and apply the view template with a right click.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    You can create a view template that has the seetings you want and select multiple views in the browser and apply the view template with a right click.
    Hey Jeff, Thanks for pointing that out. However I totally missed it because the parameter in the View templates says "Model Display" and the Parameter in View Properties says "Graphic Display."

Not sure if that was on purpose, but it kept me looking for a bit. I confused it with the "Display Model" parameter which was right above but missed cause I was focusing on the edit buttons portion.

From an interface point of view having Model Display and Display Model parameters in the same dialog may not be the best choice.

Similar to parameter Type= Type in the Add Parameter dialog. Everytime I say that to my students the look at me wierd.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cphubb View Post
    Hey Jeff, Thanks for pointing that out. However I totally missed it because the parameter in the View templates says "Model Display" and the Parameter in View Properties says "Graphic Display."

Not sure if that was on purpose, but it kept me looking for a bit. I confused it with the "Display Model" parameter which was right above but missed cause I was focusing on the edit buttons portion.

From an interface point of view having Model Display and Display Model parameters in the same dialog may not be the best choice.

Similar to parameter Type= Type in the Add Parameter dialog. Everytime I say that to my students the look at me wierd.
    I am sure this was on purpose.

In the view properties when you click "Graphic Display" you are control more than just the way a model is shown (Hidden, shaded, etc...) you have access to shadows, lighting, and shadow intensity as well.

When you access "Model display" from the templates dialog, it opens the same box as when "graphic display is clicked from the properties palette but, you really only get to change the modle display (hidden, shaded, etc....) the other options are grayed out. The other options have buttons all their own on the templates dialog which open the same box but with other stuff grayed out respectivly.

As for "Model Display" and "Display Model" I think you probably have a point. I am not exactly sure what the thinking was behind the change from "Visual Style" (the old name for hidden, shaded, etc...) to "Model Display".