Thread: Creating Families

Login to Give a bone

Hello to all,

I need to know where I can find some solid information on creating components in the family editor. Anything would be great! But prefer something that I don't have'ta spend a fortune on since I already spent a few hundred on a revit class, but the class didn't cover a whole lot in creating families. The revit tutorial was helpful but it didn't go into the detail that I'm looking for.

So gimme suggestion, tips, etc. (i.e. books, online tutorial, notes, CDs, doc. that someone typed up?) I'm specifically looking for an 'in-depth' maybe step by step process approach from the beginning level to intermediate to advance to ultra advance to ultra ultra advance level of creating families.

Maybe this post will help others as well, esp. to those that are new to Revit!

Tanks in advance!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating Families

I would suggest taking the online family creation class. By it's very nature it can't cover every last thing but it does pack a lot of information into a short time. I have found this to be true for all of the online classes and would recommend them as a good way to get up to speed relatively quickly. Another big benefit is that you can ask questions about the things you don't understand. This can be a big help in getting you past the one or two sticking points that might be stopping you from turning the corner on really understanding something.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating Families

I had thought that all of the on-line classes provided by Revit were free if you were on subscription - or a least they were 18 months ago. The classes were really fantastic and definitely the best way to gain an introduction to Revit. The classes you took sound like another case of reseller "added value." The only value added was the $200 in the reseller’s pocket.