Thread: Attribute in block with formula that references other attributes in the same block.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Attribute in block with formula that references other attributes in the same block.

Hi all, I am struggling a bit with this problem.

I have a block which has three attributes. I want one of the attributes to have a formula which references the two other attributes and gives a value dependant on what value I give the two other attributes when I insert it into a drawing.

At the moment because the default values are X I get a value of ####. If I put a numerical value in as the default the formula works, but when I then drop the block into a drawing and change the valves of the two attributes the formula doesn't update the third value accordingly.

I'm not sure I have explained that very well so have attached the drawing with the block inserted.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Jonathan
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Attribute in block with formula that references other attributes in the same block.

Well, I have solved the question by using a table, which has in itself posed another problem, but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Attribute in block with formula that references other attributes in the same block.

You can create such "self-inspecting" fields, but not inside the block itself. You have to do it while editing the attribute values of an already placed block. Thereafter you need to copy this block instead of insert a new reference of it - otherwise you loose the fields.

The only other way of getting this to work is to use something like lisp to modify the attributes each time the block is inserted.