Thread: need quick help... view orders (objects "on top") and viewport control

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default need quick help... view orders (objects "on top") and viewport control

Help! I should know these, but I'm having a "senior moment" during a crisis...

1) I have inserted some image objects (pic files) into an existing drawing that are covering up everything else. I need to move them "to the back". In the past, I have dealt with this by moving all my existing objects without actually moving them (using @ nil), but it isn't working on this drawing. I can't see what I'm working on...

2) Is there a way in AutoCad 2008 and newer to toggle all viewports in all layouts on/off en masse? I've never dealt with more than a dozen at a time, but this drawing has more than 50, most of which are polygonal, arranged one or two per layout sheet. I need a quicker way than one at a time.

Thanks for helping the needy...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: need quick help... view orders (objects "on top") and viewport control

1 - DRAWORDER command or toolbar.

2 - not that I know of.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: need quick help... view orders (objects "on top") and viewport control

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    1 - DRAWORDER command or toolbar.

2 - not that I know of.
    Ahhh... Thanks, John!

I would be surprised if somebody hasn't come up with a LISP or VBA solution to the viewports thing. I'll keep looking, and post back here if anything turns up.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Regarding the batch toggling of layout viewports, I've run across a few older codes here and in the Autodesk KB, but they didn't seem to work too well for folks back then, and I can't get them to work now, either. So, the search continues...

Login to Give a bone

Can you use quick select to grab all the viewports and modify the visibility with the properties window?

Login to Give a bone

or just select everything, and then filter in the properties dialog for viewports.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dherbstr View Post
    Can you use quick select to grab all the viewports and modify the visibility with the properties window?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    or just select everything, and then filter in the properties dialog for viewports.
    It could even be done at the command line with the MVIEW command using the OFF option and selecting ALL objects.
    Code:
    MVIEW
    OFF
    ALL
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I know you can do all that with multiple viewports in a single layout, but I don't think you can select all viewports in all layouts at one time, can you? That's what I'm looking to do...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by crbateman View Post
    I know you can do all that with multiple viewports in a single layout, but I don't think you can select all viewports in all layouts at one time, can you? That's what I'm looking to do...
    You'll need some code to step through the layouts - have you tried the programming forums? I bet that part has been done.