Thread: Topo perimeter visibility

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Topo perimeter visibility

How do I control the visibility of the perimeter line of a topo plan?

The perimeter of the topo follows the property lines and shows up below them muddling the property line style. The only way that I can figure to get the perimeter topo line to not be visible is to uncheck topo in the visibility graphic overrides, which of course turns off all topo lines.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Topo perimeter visibility

Either in Object Styles or View Visibility Setting
    Make the Main Parent Topography Display Setting to Line colour = White
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (47.0 KB, 20 views)

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I tried that but it does not change the color of the perimeter line.

While the visibility of the line that I'm trying to control is what I would term the boundary of the topography, its visibility toggles on and off as a secondary contour. Toggling the visibility of primary contour does not change the visibility of anything that I can see.

Does anyone know of a source which would identify the categories or parts of a topo surface: boundary point, interior point, primary contours, secondary contours, triangulation edges? I've looked in help but am unable to find any such definition.

Login to Give a bone

Did you change the MAIN topo category setting of projection lines > white? I just did this and my topo boundary line disappeared. Mind you the boundary line will still show up if you export to CAD, but for normal screen viewing and printing, this should get you what you're after. The primary and secondary contour lines stayed visible as normal.

Topo subcategory definitions:

- Boundary and Interior Points: those are the points visible when editing the topo surface (boundary points define the extents of the surface, interior points define the shape of the surface). As such they have no V/G overrides available since they're only points and not normally visible anyway.
    - Hidden Lines - subcategory common to all model categories. This controls the line type that shows when you use View > Show Hidden Lines to show something "hidden" behind something else.
    - Primary and Secondary contours - contour lines that show at an elevation frequency according to the Site Settings dialog box. Typically you have 1 foot secondary contours with a heavier, primary contour every 5 feet or 10 feet.
    - Triangulation Edges: Edges that form in a triangular pattern and connect all your boundary and interior points to create a surface. This is how Revit (and most 3D terrain software) computes the locations of contour lines. This is normally turned off by default in all views.
    Last edited by patricks; 2011-05-26 at 06:08 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Did you change the MAIN topo category setting of projection lines > white?
    Yes, but it's still visible. I ended up editing the topo by moving all boundary points out another 10' and then clipping the view. It screwed up my topo, but at this point I'm only making a site plan presentation.

Thanks for the explanations. Do you know where this is in the revit documentation?

Login to Give a bone

It probably isn't, those are my own explanations.