Thread: requesting help with install/configure

Login to Give a bone

Default requesting help with install/configure

I don't know if this is a matter of installation or configuration.
    Background- half of our company uses Revit, the other half doesn't. I've been ordered by management to set up an additional team running Revit. All help is appreciated.

We had Revit installed on a new computer by one of the users. He claims it is completely installed and configured, but yet it is visibly and functionally different from our other installations so I'm wondering what is missing. I have been unable to get the other teams to help and management has told me to get it running on my own without their help.
    1. When opened, it displays the 3D view of a model, but has no way to look into the model at the individual floor plans. Our other installations are able to do this. What do we need to install to allow this to work?
    2. This installation will not rotate the 3D model on the screen, except by clicking on corners and sides of the cube. I recall that past versions had a form of globe that allowed you to rotate the 3D model on the screen but this installation doesn't have it. Our other teams have installed something that allows them to rotate the model but this installation doesn't have it.
    3. How do we install our existing items into this installation- things like templates, families, hotkeys, the truss wizard, etc?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: requesting help with install/configure

Quote Originally Posted by djshov8691493 View Post
    1. When opened, it displays the 3D view of a model, but has no way to look into the model at the individual floor plans. Our other installations are able to do this. What do we need to install to allow this to work?
    Is it the same model? Are there levels in the model? Are there floor plan views set up? Or is it just that your project browser is closed.

2. This installation will not rotate the 3D model on the screen, except by clicking on corners and sides of the cube. I recall that past versions had a form of globe that allowed you to rotate the 3D model on the screen but this installation doesn't have it. Our other teams have installed something that allows them to rotate the model but this installation doesn't have it.
    No globe in previous version (MEP). You can rotate a 3D view by holding in shift and your middle mouse button.

3. How do we install our existing items into this installation- things like templates, families, hotkeys, the truss wizard, etc?
    Transfer project standards or Insert tab, I not familiar with the truss wizard. Is this a add-in or native install?

Login to Give a bone

Truss wizard I believe is an add-on for drawing trusses. I'm pretty sure you have to get it from autodesk.

Project browser- is that another add-on? Created by Autodesk or by a third party?

Shift and middle mouse button- I tried this (actually my mouse has a wheel in the middle instead of a button). Things on the screen start blinking but nothing rotates.

Login to Give a bone

Another problem I'm seeing- when I start Revit I get a little blue rectangle (window) in the center of the screen with the red "X" in the top, the same red X that you would click to close a window. I can't move or resize the window, the only thing it responds to is clicking the X to close it.

Login to Give a bone

Can we get a screen shot of what your seeing? Can you see the panels at the top of the screen?

If you can see the panels go to the View Tab and to the far right there is a User Interface Panel....Select that drop down and you can turn on all the different windows...
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    Can we get a screen shot of what your seeing?
    This is the little blue thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Ignore it....close it...its just a pesky window that opens time to time....

Similar issue here along with link to possible fix...
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"