See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nostromo 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nostromo 2011

Does anyone else see rampant stupidity and marketing-gone-wild in a mouse that needs a cloud connection for full functionality? I rather like the layout of the Naga hex - the 6 thumb button arrangement at least looks like it would be useful in CAD. But needing an internet connection to access the drivers to install it? needing a log-in to their cloud service to actually use it? fugedaboutit!

guess i'll stick with my logitechs for now

Login to Give a bone

I read on the Razer web site the following:

"**Razer Synapse 2.0 registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode."

Also from their website:

"Does Razer Synapse 2.0 require an internet connection to function?
    Razer Synapse 2.0 has both an online and offline mode. When the user has an active internet connection, Razer Synapse 2.0 will save and sync personal user settings to the cloud in real time. Once the user loses their internet connection, the settings will be retained on the local machine in the offline mode. Users will still be able configure and create new settings in this offline mode and these settings will be cached and stored (on the local machine) until internet connection is restored and it will automatically update to the cloud; providing a seamless user experience."

Apparently the Nostromo is Synapse 2.0 compatible, will check that out
    Last edited by adriansmith725640; 2013-06-06 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Post updated

Login to Give a bone

The Nostromo is indeed now compatible with Razer Synapse. And you can go offline if you prefer...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmith725640 View Post
    Thanks for that Janet, I notice Dave uses an M570 as well.
    Could I ask? Do your chaps have any comment on the “cons” of using an M570 as I have read some negative reviews of it, albeit out of many hundreds of positive comments, that said I have concluded at least 50% of the critics haven’t given it a chance.
    I seems to be sensible to me that gaming pads and mice should be used in the industry we are in as they are designed to be more robust to handle the hammer they get during game play. Also, if you are to spend 8+ hours a day using a PC for mouse intensive app’s like AutoCAD and Revit, why use a £10 common mouse? ($8??? Just a guess)

The Nagas look like they could offer something, but a Hex in Green or Red….it would clash with the cool blue of the Nostromo.

I have been using my Nos’ for 11 months now and am about to make some major changes to my Keymaps even after tweaking here and there. I find there are some maps that rarely get used and others could be laid out better. This is probably part of “growing” with it and being prepared to adapt with experience.

Thanks in advance.

Ade

I just asked the users if there was anything they didn't like about the M570 and got a unanimous and resounding "NO". As you surmised, it does take some getting used to, but once you do, you will love it. I use one at home with my laptop. I just put it on the arm of my chair and don't have to worry about having a proper surface to move a mouse around on. It's great for portability. We all used to have the corded version and like this one even better, as there have been two programmable buttons added.

You're right, Razer needs to add an option for switching colours... as long as it's blue!

Are you going to post your keymap changes when you're done?

Janet

Login to Give a bone

Yep, just downloaded and installed Synapse 2.0.
    I took a little while to install and it removed the old Nostromo interface programme.

The first thing I did was to export my Revit profile and all the macros I have, shame you can't shift click to multi-select them, to a folder on my PC.
    Then went offline and no problems with the operation.

I already have a Logitech MK250 Keyboard and mouse set.....So dilemma:

Nostromo and a Logitech M570 - I then need a new keyboard with a unifying device to drive the M570 and the new keyboard. Need 2 USB inputs.

Nostromo and Razer Naga Hex - Keep my keyboard and ditch the Logi mouse, then I need 3 USB inputs.

All these new toys to play with, not good at my age

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tekcon13 View Post
    Are you going to post your keymap changes when you're done?
    Janet
    Yes, I will do that, and, I should be able to post a link to my exported Revit keymaps "n" macros too......if anyone is interested.

Login to Give a bone

Yep, just downloaded and installed Synapse 2.0.
    I took a little while to install and it removed the old Nostromo interface programme.

The first thing I did was to export my Revit profile and all the macros I have, shame you can't shift click to multi-select them, to a folder on my PC.
    Then went offline and no problems with the operation.

I already have a Logitech MK250 Keyboard and mouse set.....So dilemma:

Nostromo and a Logitech M570 - I then need a new keyboard with a unifying device to drive the M570 and the new keyboard. Need 2 USB inputs.

Nostromo and Razer Naga Hex - Keep my keyboard and ditch the Logi mouse, then I need 3 USB inputs.

All these new toys to play with, not good at my age
    Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/produc...k360?crid=1114

Logitech K360 keyboard, which uses the unifying device, and just happens to be sitting here between my Nostromo and Naga.

One of the other drafters uses it as well.

Login to Give a bone

Here we go then my latest keymaps:

Nos Revit Keymaps v2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Here we go then my latest keymaps:
    Thanks for that Adrian. Much appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

I read on the Razer web site the following:

When the user has an active internet connection, Razer Synapse 2.0 will save and sync personal user settings to the cloud in real time. Once the user loses their internet connection, the settings will be retained on the local machine in the offline mode. Users will still be able configure and create new settings in this offline mode and these settings will be cached and stored (on the local machine) until internet connection is restored and it will automatically update to the cloud; providing a seamless user experience.
    but WHY ?!
    I'm with Cadtag on this.
    A definite case of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast