Thread: Anyone else still having screen jump issues in 2012? It's still around!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Anyone else still having screen jump issues in 2012? It's still around!

Co-worker is having MAJOR screen jumpiness issues (and consequently objects moving) when clicking on any object in Revit Architecture 2012 x64, Win7 machine with 16GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro FX580 with latest certified driver from Autodesk (just updated it yesterday, no change).

*edit* this is the machine I used for several years prior and upgraded it to 16GB RAM and Win7 x64 in late 2009 */edit*

He is using 2 monitors, and Revit is run on the primary display (which happens to be on the right side). He also does keep PP and PB off to the left on the secondary display. I tried re-docking both, closed out Revit, rebooted the machine, and opened Revit and the project back up and it seems okay for now.

I personally have never had the screen jumpy issue this bad, but then again my PP and PB are always kept on the same primary display along with Revit. I used to have issues with a single jump on the first click after opening a file with linked Revit files, and no further issues after that. However in 2012 I have yet to have this problem.

I'm pretty disappointed that the issue is still around in 2012, though. I guess having PP and PB on a 2nd display isn't really a viable option.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anyone else still having screen jump issues in 2012? It's still around!

Wonder if the registry fix for 2010 & 2011 would work for 2012?
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anyone else still having screen jump issues in 2012? It's still around!

Turning off Press & Drag should fix it. If that is not an option, you can try docking the Options Bar at the bottom of the screen rather than the top.

Login to Give a bone

Turning off P&D is not a fix. It's a band-aid to keep objects from moving. But the fact is that the jumping issue still exists and it's extremely annoying.

Login to Give a bone

Updated Video drivers have (usually) fixed this for us.

Login to Give a bone

Turn off open GL. It fixes the problem for us. Don't ask me why.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I'm having this same problem. I'm running a brand new Dell 12GB of ram and all the newest stuff. I do run 2 monitors and my project browser is on the opposite screen from my Revit but I tryied docking it, that didn't help. So then I tryied to close it and the properties all together and still did not help.

What has got me is that I have been running this matchine for a month or two now without this problem and all the sudden it just started up. Is there anything we can do for this??? Thank You