Thread: Revit Boundary Lines

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Boundary Lines

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this should be simple, but can't work out what's going on. I've got a project where certain object's boundary lines are not visible in specific views.

I can select a slab, in a view of *00-Ground Floor*. It's related level is *00-Ground Floor*, my view range is 1500mm above *00-Ground Floor* (top and cut plane) and -1500 below *00-Ground Floor* (bottom and view depth level). (Sorry, for staing level so precisely each time, but just want to make clear that I'm not related to the wrong levels or anything). When I edit the boundary of the slab however, the (usually purple) boundary lines do not show in view. They show up in some views with identical view ranges though. The slab (strucutral foundations) category is clearly turned on in the view, as I was able to select the element for editing in the first place. What I've had to do is select the slab in the view I want to change, then edit the boundary in some other view (where I can see the purple boundary lines), usually relating to the floor above.

It has now got stranger in that the same is happening with filled regions too in some views. I try to draw a filled region and no boundary lines appear in view. If I confirm the boundary extents however, the filled region appears in the view, but the boundary lines do not (they are set to a line type, not invisible). The 'detail items' category is turned on my my view properities though. And I can see the hatch, which doesn't suggest to me that the hatch is out of the view range. (This one had me more confussed as I didn't think detail items drew to specific levels, I thought they just related to the view).

Am I missing something obvious, as I've been using Revit for nearly 2 years now, and normally feel very comfortable with it, and can usually solve most problems like this that come along. This one is baffling me though, is it a possible corruption to the file (or at least the view) itself?

Thanks,

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Boundary Lines

Do you have model lines turned off in the view?
    Have you tried auditing the file when you open it?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Boundary Lines

**Facepalm**

Yeah, 'lines' were switched off.

I was gonna blame not being back up to speed after xmas, but TBH it was just rampant stupidity.

Thanks,