Thread: Tagging a conduit with elevation/offset relative to project, not level

Login to Give a bone

Question Tagging a conduit with elevation/offset relative to project, not level

Does anyone know how to tag a conduit Top Elevation without it being relative to the conduit's schedule level? (For example: with Level 1 at 100', instead of 9' above the level I want to show the elevation as 109'.)

I couldn't find anywhere to specify Elevation Origin (as with Spot Elevations). I figured, it's not elegant, but I could just use a formula to add the 100' but I haven't been able to make that work either:

- If I try to refer to Top Elevation in a custom parameter in the tag family, I get this error: The following is not a valid family parameter: Top Elevation

- If I try to calculate the value in a shared parameter assigned to conduits, when I try to refer to Top Elevation I get this error: Formulas cannot refer to other parameters

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Joel

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tagging a conduit with elevation/offset relative to project, not level

Can't you just create a spot elevation and make it look your top elevation tag?

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Tagging a conduit with elevation/offset relative to project, not level

At first I didn't think that worked, but then I realized that if I switch to Fine long enough to 'tag' it, it works and the spot elevation remains when I flip back to Coarse. (Odd that I can't tag it in Coarse or Medium, but I can live with it.)

The only other (minor) issue is that apparently Top Elevation doesn't include the thickness of the conduit material, but I can probably live with that too.

At any rate, thanks for taking the time! Don't know why I didn't think of that before...

Joel