Thread: Visual Style Overrides Plot Style

Login to Give a bone

Angry Visual Style Overrides Plot Style

I have both (MEP) 2011 and 2012.

I have setup an STB for plotting and a drawing as well that is from the AECB (STB) template.

I have created a layout with two viewports. The first is in plan view, the second is in 3D. My question is: Why does the visual style override the plot style in regards to the color that is plotted. Even though the plot style is setup to override the color, this is only successful in the plan view viewport. In the 3D view the plot style is ignored. I looked into the visual styles command and found nothing that would tell the visual style to only use the layer color, I would like to use the plot style colors no matter what shading or view I have. I can choose to view the 3D view with a shade plot of wireframe, this uses the plot style colors but the 3D objects are in wireframe. Is there a way to get any visual style to use the plot style colors? otherwise, I am forced to edit all viewports that have a 3D view.

Last edited by CADMariner; 2011-06-15 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added link to other post.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Visual Style Overrides Plot Style

Quote Originally Posted by CADMariner View Post
    I have both (MEP) 2011 and 2012.

I have setup an STB for plotting and a drawing as well that is from the AECB (STB) template.

I have created a layout with two viewports. The first is in plan view, the second is in 3D. My question is: Why does the visual style override the plot style in regards to the color that is plotted. Even though the plot style is setup to override the color, this is only successful in the plan view viewport. In the 3D view the plot style is ignored. I looked into the visual styles command and found nothing that would tell the visual style to only use the layer color, I would like to use the plot style colors no matter what shading or view I have. I can choose to view the 3D view with a shade plot of wireframe, this uses the plot style colors but the 3D objects are in wireframe. Is there a way to get any visual style to use the plot style colors? otherwise, I am forced to edit all viewports that have a 3D view.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...g/td-p/2328003
    2D Wireframe is the only Visual Style that cares about your CTB/STB plot style. It's been rumored that Hidden will too but I've never seen it work. So to answer your question, no there's not a way to override a shaded visual style to my knowledge.