Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocad 2012 64 bit

Login to Give a bone

Default Autocad 2012 64 bit

I was wondering if other people are having any issues with Autocad 2012 64 bit crashing??

This is the first time i have used the 64 bit version, and Windows 7 with 4gb ram on i7 3.4Ghz

I have had more fatal errors since i installed this than i have had with all other previous versions.

I have tried repairing and done a reinstall with no difference.

It does not happen every time, but i have had fatal errors saving a drawing, closing autocad as well as at other times.

another interesting problem i had was in one drawing (and only that drawing) every time i did a save it would take 1 minute longer than the last time.

One of the current annoyances is if i double click to edit a piece of mtext sometimes it will not open the editor until i do an audit of the drawing (and it does not find any errors) and then i can edit it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming very annoying.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad 2012 64 bit

I havent had this experience. However, on the save time issue, have you made sure that your maintain visual fidelety and drawing size compatibility are shut off? I found it significantly reduces file save time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

2d drawings or 3d? Using Hidden or any 3d viewstyle in viewports causes it to crash alot.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JLHConsulting View Post
    2d drawings or 3d? Using Hidden or any 3d viewstyle in viewports causes it to crash alot.
    If that is the case, you want to make sure you have an adesk certified video card AND the latest drivers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed Jobe; 2011-06-21 at 05:34 PM.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    I havent had this experience. However, on the save time issue, have you made sure that your maintain visual fidelety and drawing size compatibility are shut off? I found it significantly reduces file save time.
    Nope i had not, but have now ... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLHConsulting View Post
    Mostly very basic 3D, not using any hidden or 3d viewstyles. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    If that is the case, you want to make sure you have an adesk certified video card AND the latest drivers.
    I dont have a certified video card ... probably worth getting a new video card Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bowtle View Post
    I dont have a certified video card ... probably worth getting a new video card Thanks
    Then you might try unchecking the video driver options one at at time and see if it makes a difference. Also, you still want to make sure that you have the latest driver.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

And, snag some more RAM; Win 7 64bit on only 4GB is cutting it a little close. The high-end i7 processors cost and arm and a leg (and probably another appendage as well...), spending ~$100 on more RAM would be nothing compared to that. You should be using either 6GB or 8GB, depending on if the motherboard is set up for dual channel or triple channel RAM. If you can 12/16 GB would be better but maybe overkill, like the processor.

Login to Give a bone

I am using 2012 Mechanical and it is very crash happy. I doubt any amount of ram will keep AutoCAD from crashing as I have had it crash on the simplest of drawings, and of course, nothing I can get to repeat. Probably one broken dll file or corrupt MS file. I keep filling out the CER reports so I hope they come up with something soon.

Dell Precision T7500, Dual Xeon, 6GB, nVidia Quadro 3800, 10K harddrive (lots of available room)

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

yes and yes and it makes no difference in regards to crashes.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am also having this problem it seems -- when I create a new view (with sun/sky as background and additional info), and then when I ask it to go to that new view after I've saved it, it freezes. And comptuer has to be restarted.

(Also the orbit tool will crash the program, but a message box to Autodesk will show up for this one.)

I think I have some similarities in configuration as you:

Dell XPS L702X
    Windows 7 / 64 bit operating system
    Intel Core i7-2720 QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 Ghz
    8.00 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M graphics card

. . . I tried to research this (new) computer that it would work best with rendering in CAD (and evenutally Revit) . . . I sure hope I made the right choices . . .

Any feeback will be really appreciated (thanks).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast