Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 MEP families folder invalid and content missing on install

Login to Give a bone

Default 2012 MEP families folder invalid and content missing on install

i installed MEP 2012 and when i click to insert mep objects i get no family loaded would you like to load one now. i only get 2 default mechanical and 3 default electric families. i cannot use the duct placeholder at all. this is second installation.

any help would be greatly appreciated

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2012 MEP families folder invalid and content missing on install

There is an option when installing RMEP to NOT install the content. Could this have happened? If you go to your INSERT tab and then select "Load Family", does it open the dialog at the Imperial Library folder, which is where all the families are stored. Also, check in Options/FileLocations/Places: do you have a path for Imperial Library and Imperial Detail Library? If not, reinstall and watch for the page to check what you want to install and make sure you install the content.

Login to Give a bone

i did not opt-out of installing anything during the installation process. when i click on load family both of my imperial and metric folders are empty. last night i uninstalled all autodesk software, just in case something got moved or corrupted. i did a full re-installation and again my family folders are empty. the only families that load are the ones brought into from the current project i am working on.

i've looked through just about every help file i can find from autodesk and i'm coming up empty.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hmmm, try going back to the Control Panel, Add-RemovePrograms or Programs and Features, double-click RMEP, then pick Add or Remove Features fro the RMEP install dialog. There you should see the Select Content and verify whether it shows US Imperial and US Metric checked as installed. If not, then check 'em and just below on that dialog is a selection for default, pick English-USImperial. If it shows they are installed, then could it be they got installed into an oddball folder?

Login to Give a bone

I will try that again when i get home tonight. i have done a search on my whole computer though looking for an oddball folder. i also checked the shared folder since i have more then one Auto desk Program on my Machine. last night i uninstalled every autodesk program off of the pc and reinstalled just revit2012 and it again did the same thing.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tcarpenter116109498 View Post
    ...last night i uninstalled every autodesk program off of the pc and reinstalled just revit2012...
    That definitely wasn't necessary, but since you went that route, I hope you followed proper uninstall protocol and did a "clean" uninstall of every product...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I followed all of that except cleaning the registry. The content library shouldn't be affected by that. And yes I thought that to be a little overkill but I have an 11 week timeline for my capstone project and I'm in week 5 and having serious issues, so I was taking serious steps lol.

Can anyone just zip there Libraries up for me?? Or know where i can download them i can't find a link for them anywhere.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by TCarpenter116 View Post
    Yes, I followed all of that except cleaning the registry.
    Not doing that could negatively effect the programs you tried to uninstall, when it comes time to reinstall them. There is a good reason to clean the registry, it should NOT be skipped.

The content library shouldn't be affected by that.
    I agree, but it's best to be safe than sorry, especially when you're having these sorts of problems.

Can anyone just zip there Libraries up for me??
    I really don't think that is a viable solution. Do you realize how large the content library is??? Sharing one or two missing families is one thing, but where does it end? At this point you have no idea what you are missing and you are better off making sure you have it all installed correctly from the installation files.

Or know where i can download them i can't find a link for them anywhere.
    I don't mean to sound so negative, but I really doubt you will. Who's your reseller? They should be helping you with this matter

IMO I think you should either download the installation again, and make sure it decompresses ALL the files correctly...warning, that takes a while...and must remain uninterrupted until it is finished.

Or, request the media from Autodesk by calling the Business Center. I think you can request it on the Subscription site as an alternative. Again, your reseller can help you with this if you don't know how to go about it.

Login to Give a bone

i'm a student i got the download directly from the autodesk website and hard copies are not offered. i do not have a reseller. this is the only autodesk software i have had issues with. i've gotten autocad, 3ds max, & Inventer.

Login to Give a bone

...i got the download directly from the autodesk website...
    I'm assuming you're talking about the Autodesk Education Community website? I've had issues with those downloads before...many times

I highly recommend downloading the Revit app again and letting it run thru entirely until it is finished...downloading, extracting, installing, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast