Thread: Temporary circuiting to permanent

Login to Give a bone

Default Temporary circuiting to permanent

Hello,

I am new to Revit MEP, 2012 is my first year in MEP. I've been a Revit Architecture user since R2.0. I have laid out 4- 2x4 lights and 1 lighting panel which has a 120/208 Wye distribution system, on a plan view. I have been able to get the lights permanently wired together with arced wiring showing the tick marks. I can hoover over one of the lights and hit the tab key and get a dashed rectangular box around the 4 lights and the panel with a homerun leader. The leader has a lightning bolt symbol on it not sure what this is for, the arrowhead is pointing toward the panel this is a purple color . What do I have to do to make this homerun leader permanent? I have tried clicking on the lightning bolt and homerun arrowhead but I have found nothing to make this leader permanent. It always disappears. I have found that I can fence all the light fixtures filter out the light tags and wiring and hit the electrical circuits tab and get the same dashed homerun leader and lightning bolt pointing toward the panel but this time it is red in color. This acts the same way. I can''t make it permanent. It disappears.

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Temporary circuiting to permanent

Just use a wire and "draw" the homerun. As long as the lights are circuited the arc you draw from the connector should "draw" an arrow.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks mwiggins for the response,

Tried your suggestion works like a top, but seems like there should be a way to just accept the temporary circuit homerun and turn it to permanent. Does anyone know the purpose of the lightning bolt symbol on the temporary homerun?

Login to Give a bone

When you tab select the circuiting on the ribbon there is two buttons to convert to wire.