Thread: Flip Controls within a family

Login to Give a bone

Default Flip Controls within a family

I have an Air Terminal family for a slot diffuser with a plenum. The plenum has 3 duct connectors on one side. I would like to flip one, two or all three of the connectors independently of each other. Can this be done, and if so, what do I need to do in the family editor?

More info: The family was pre-built, OOTB or third party, I can't remember at the moment. There were a variety of parameters for slot sizes and number of slots, the size and number of connectors, etc. None of the many types fit what I need on my current project: 8'-6" Long, 8" wide slot diffuser, with 3 8" round connectors. I removed most types (2', 3', 4', 5' lengths), and added an instance parameter to adjust the depth of the plenum box. I removed a constraint that prevented the connector from moving, and added one that constrains the connectors 1" from the edge of the box. All 3 connectors are placed on faces of 8" diameter cylinders (solid geometry) protruding from the plenum. I'll attach it, but it's messy so please don't judge . I need the same size diffuser, same number of the same size connectors, I just need them to be on different sides of the plenum box in different instances....
    Attached Files Attached Files