Thread: .mnr prevents .cui load?

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default .mnr prevents .cui load?

I have been copying custom .cui files in a menus folder down to users c:\ for a while now, when today I found AutoCAD was recognizing the new .cui files. The updated macros for the panels weren't working, and when I went to see what menus were loaded, I noticed the dates in the folder as seen through ACAD were older than the dates in the same folder, when viewed with Windows Explore. Somone mentioned maybe deleting the .MNR file prior to copying the files to the c:\ would fix this.
    Do I really need to add this extra step, or were the older files possibly a fluke with this install? typically, i put all our custom .cui, .mnl and linetype files in one folder.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .mnr prevents .cui load?

Quote Originally Posted by Liamnacuac View Post
    I have been copying custom .cui files in a menus folder down to users c:\ for a while now, when today I found AutoCAD was recognizing the new .cui files. The updated macros for the panels weren't working, and when I went to see what menus were loaded, I noticed the dates in the folder as seen through ACAD were older than the dates in the same folder, when viewed with Windows Explore. Somone mentioned maybe deleting the .MNR file prior to copying the files to the c:\ would fix this.
    Do I really need to add this extra step, or were the older files possibly a fluke with this install? typically, i put all our custom .cui, .mnl and linetype files in one folder.
    Are you copying your company files directly to each user’s C drive? If so why? You should just set the support file search paths so they look at your server then any changes you do will automatically update on everyone’s machines.

If you delete the .mnr file AutoCAD will always recreate it automatically.

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .mnr prevents .cui load?

I just have a handful of users beta testing these menus, but I think we might have some speed issues accessing them, plus I think the ideology is that users can customize the custom .cui, and not the Office or AutoCAD .cui's..