Thread: Rebar

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Rebar

I haven't posted in a long time since I've spent a good portion of the last couple years either unemployed or working for an employer with unnecessarily strict employee NDAs, but I'm back with a normal company and thought griping about the new Revit Release would be a good start.

I've used every version of RS since version 3 or 4 and while some things that have more to do with how the rebar displays graphically have vastly improved over the years (remember solid white rebar?), there seems to be some desegregation in the functionality of it. Back when I 1st started using it we would only place 3d rebar in places we had sections cut, and even then that depended on the cut views scale because if it was high enough to need to show the actual thickness we would use detail components so they would be black or gray. But I did use 2008 and 2009 for some very extensive and highly detailed rebar studies where I had to put every stick of rebar in the stuff I was doing to check for interferences and I had absolutely no problem, now with the 2011/12 versions I noticed that even if you turn off all the rebar covers it wants to place it on it's own in some places. like if you drag an end to a reference plane it might actually place it slightly before or past it and will not let you snap it to the place you want, and I've noticed it does that when you use a center or edge of rebar to place it on a reference plane or something and it will place it where it wants. I have worked around it by setting a new rebar host... but that seems kind of weak that you have to essentially model your project incorrectly to make it look like it should.
    I have also noticed that sometimes when you drag one side of a rebar layout to change the spacing it will shrink in the ends of it as well... what's up with that?

I added a screenshot with the incorrect conditions circled in red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by asaastad; 2011-08-03 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added screen shot