Dumb question, but I was wondering if I'm the only person that thinks it:

We buy a car for $$$$ and expect it to run well for us. In general we're happy with it and we don't expect to get a great trade-in come time to buy another one (we're gleeful for half the value).

I buy a computer. I know in 5 years I'll likely replace it and get nothing in return.

I buy a computer game. I pay full price and I'll pay full price again if a sequel comes out.

Why should I complain about having to pay full price (or a slightly discounted price) when a new CAD program comes out? My Car, computer and game all have warranties that run out after a certain amount of time, why should my CAD program be any different?

I can still get my car fixed even if the manufacturer doesn't support it anymore. Same with the computer. I just know I'll need to go to outside sources to do it. Why do I worry if the company that sells me a CAD program operates the same way?

Yes this is a pointed question to subscription and upgrade costs of software. I'm not trying to start an argument, just asking why do so many people take this as offensive that a CAD software vendor would dare charge more for future (upgrade) products when every other industry and product does it as well and we don't think twice about it. Just looking for opinions.