Thread: AutoCAD 2010 Re-install Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2010 Re-install Help

hey guys i need some help, I have stand-alone AutoCAD 2010 install in my PC then my PC needs reformat so my IT reformated it & then i try to reinstall my AutoCAD but the problem it appears this when im trying to re-activate it "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" what is the solution for this do i need to contact Autodesk for a new serial no. so i can get the new activation code or there is simple solution for this...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2010 Re-install Help

Quote Originally Posted by jomzcruz View Post
    hey guys i need some help, I have stand-alone AutoCAD 2010 install in my PC then my PC needs reformat so my IT reformated it & then i try to reinstall my AutoCAD but the problem it appears this when im trying to re-activate it "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" what is the solution for this do i need to contact Autodesk for a new serial no. so i can get the new activation code or there is simple solution for this...
    The best bet will be to contact the reseller you purchased your software from or Autodesk.

My perspective on the error is that it could be a typing error when inputting... there might be other messages like it could not authorize the number automatically because it's been authorized two or three times already, in which case they'd do so manually.
    Or, perhaps just a confusion between which serial number belongs to which product... I had some LT seats and a full seat, and accidentally tried to authorize mine with a serial number from the wrong product, so it was rejected. ~facepalm~ (I keep my S/N for all software and equipment in a spreadsheet, so I can copy/paste them when needed, and always know where they are).

Best of luck getting activated.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost