Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revit MEP 2012 Pipe Systems

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP 2012 Pipe Systems

We have a similar workflow to that described above, modeling pipework in different areas and later connecting it up.

Having just spent a day getting various bits of 1 system into the correct logical system types, I stumbled across a tip I wanted to share, and that is if you delete systems to the point where they become "undefined" you can then draw a new branch off one of the defined runs, selecting the desired system type before placing the pipe, and the desired type propogates back through the system. Then you just have to delete the branch.

Login to Give a bone

OK, one step forward two steps back.

I know I've got the system type flows working, because the LTHW VT that I've connected back to the flow header is now LTHW CT after connecting CT to the same header...

So... does anyone have a tip for connecting multiple system types to a header and stopping Revit from propogating the system type?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by colmag6 View Post
    OK, one step forward two steps back.

I know I've got the system type flows working, because the LTHW VT that I've connected back to the flow header is now LTHW CT after connecting CT to the same header...

So... does anyone have a tip for connecting multiple system types to a header and stopping Revit from propogating the system type?

This is just right off the top of my head......what if you were to model the header as a family, and assign the appropriate system type to each connector?

Login to Give a bone

This is someone typical of what I do as well.
    I use a double sided "pipe starter" to join two systems together.

Login to Give a bone

I made a header family but it didn't resolve the issue. I think there's a connection between the systems somewhere else, but because we're sorting out the systems late in the day there's a lot of pipework to trace through.

Login to Give a bone

One thing I have discovered is that if you join two different System Types then the system will not propagate through. For example I have a Domestic Hot Water system classification with two System Types - DHW F & DHW R. I can connect the DHW F into a DHW R system and each component will stay as is (for the sake of filters) but unfortunately the flow will not work.
    This may solve your issues if you are simply looking at it from a filter/visibility perspective.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Anyway.. back to my workaround:
    1. I went into system browser
    2. Individually right clicked and deleted all of the HWS and HWR systems in the list.
    3. Go back to my equipment or pipe starter.
    4. Right click the connector and hit Create Piping System.
    5. A new 2012 popup window appears asking for more information:
    for system type i selected Other (as this is what I've always done)
    I simply named my system either HWS or HWR.

Once done, my reheat systems work like they always did in previous versions of Revit.
    This is great, but is there a way to select multiple systems and delete, rather then individually doing it? I'm able to select multiple, but when i right click and select delete, it only gets rid of one system. I'm trying to fix the mistake of having 3,000+ piping systems. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Yes, if you create a Duct System schedule, you can select contiguous rows, and delete them using the delete key.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am having this issue and can not figure out what to do. I design Medical Gas systems, so everything is Other. I then assign a system name to an outlet, then (at least in 2011) add other like outlets to the system. My problem is zone valve boxes now get assigned to the system, where I used to leave out in the past (multiple connectors assigned as fittings and linked in to out). I can not assign system types to the connectors (as someone has mentioned) as they vary from box to box and job to job. I just started with 2012 last week with a new install, so I am assuming Update 2 (mentioned in previous post) was installed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12