Thread: Going from 2011 to 2012

I could stop if I wanted to jspartz's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Going from 2011 to 2012

Wow, you can't upgrade the NWF file from 2011 to 2012 and then export a new 2012 NWC or you get an error upon opening the file. The workaround I'm told is to still export 2011 NWCs. Well it just so happens that you cannot export a 2011 NWC out of a 2012 Revit file. And you can't save down either a Revit file or a NWC file. So, we're stuck recreating the entire NWF with ALL nearly 100 batches of clashes and running through and sorting through them all again?!?

Has anyone went through this process? Does it even import the batches file selections and maintain the collisions by object IDs? Or is it a complete set back to square one?

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Going from 2011 to 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jspartz View Post
    Wow, you can't upgrade the NWF file from 2011 to 2012 and then export a new 2012 NWC or you get an error upon opening the file. The workaround I'm told is to still export 2011 NWCs. Well it just so happens that you cannot export a 2011 NWC out of a 2012 Revit file. And you can't save down either a Revit file or a NWC file. So, we're stuck recreating the entire NWF with ALL nearly 100 batches of clashes and running through and sorting through them all again?!?

Has anyone went through this process? Does it even import the batches file selections and maintain the collisions by object IDs? Or is it a complete set back to square one?
    This might be a silly question but, why are you exporting .nwc files?
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

I could stop if I wanted to jspartz's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You have to export to NWC from Revit. Navisworks 2012 or earlier doesn't take in RVTs. It could go to DWF or DWG or IFC from Revit, but I'm not sure what you're getting at... If using a different file format they would need to be reappended again also.

The subs are using the NWF and NWCs so they can switch files out in the middle of the week to test their changes. Because the NWCs are already pre-processed with the correct object enablers, I don't have to worry about people not having object enablers to view everything correctly.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You have to export to NWC from Revit. Navisworks 2012 or earlier doesn't take in RVTs. It could go to DWF or DWG or IFC from Revit, but I'm not sure what you're getting at... If using a different file format they would need to be reappended again also.

The subs are using the NWF and NWCs so they can switch files out in the middle of the week to test their changes. Because the NWCs are already pre-processed with the correct object enablers, I don't have to worry about people not having object enablers to view everything correctly.
    I realize you have to .nwc out from Revit, I guess I was confused by your original post and thought you were exporting nwc's from NavisWorks.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Autodesk released a service pack today that fixes this issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...inkID=10382102

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Too bad it did not solve all the issues with the appearance profiler. I had to redo my dat file because my 2011 dat file did not work and my 2012 pre service pack file didn't work after the service pack.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by amixam View Post
    Autodesk released a service pack today that fixes this issue.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...inkID=10382102
    Just an FYI. I have a decent 64-bit laptop and the service pack took well over an hour to install...and it was coming off the local drive, not over a network.