Thread: Animator with camera and animation set

Login to Give a bone

Default Animator with camera and animation set

I am working on a tutorial using Navisworks Animator. I have created a scene and added a camera. I have moved the Time Bar and captured key frames to animate the movement of the camera through the building. When Played, the animation works correctly, with the camera following the path I chose. Then I added an animation set (opened a door) in the same scene. Now when I Play the animation scene the animated set works properly, with the door opening as animated. However, the camera remains stationary. When I deactivate the animation set (door) the camera moves through the building properly. What am I doing wrong that prevents the camera animation and object animation from working simultaneously?

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Animator with camera and animation set

Quote Originally Posted by harrymckinney View Post
    I am working on a tutorial using Navisworks Animator. I have created a scene and added a camera. I have moved the Time Bar and captured key frames to animate the movement of the camera through the building. When Played, the animation works correctly, with the camera following the path I chose. Then I added an animation set (opened a door) in the same scene. Now when I Play the animation scene the animated set works properly, with the door opening as animated. However, the camera remains stationary. When I deactivate the animation set (door) the camera moves through the building properly. What am I doing wrong that prevents the camera animation and object animation from working simultaneously?
    Are the camera and the animation set under the scene? I have attached an image.
    Also, remember you need to capture the keyframe first, then move the timeslider and then do "the something" (i.e. move, rotate, scale, color or transparency).

Regards,
    Teresa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Animator with camera and animation set

Good advise Teresa, thanks.

I had the same problem in Navisworks 2012 Manage. I found I had to turn Navisworks on and off again after I set up the movement and camera elements (in the same scene) for both to work together!! Frustrating, but it worked on restart.