See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Crosshairs randomly disappear...

Login to Give a bone

Default Mouse Crosshairs randomly disappear...

Ramdomly while using AutoCAD MEP 2012 my crosshairs disappear, only the crosshairs, the mouse (windows "arrow") still works and response and let's me select autodcad menu items, or type in the command line, but once I get into the graphics window the arrow doesn't change into the crosshairs, it just disappears completely. Moving the mouse around you can see the standard arrow head cursor reappear and disappear as your cross the drawing window "border". But the crosshairs never reappear. Sometimes this happens when switching from Autocad to another active window. (outside Autocad mouse cursor still appears) and at other times when switching from one drawing to another. The crosshairs will show correctly in one drawing but not the other. The corsshairs will not "reappear" until I close out the drawing they are gone from and reopening it.

Is there a command to use inside autocad to "reinitialize" the mouse?

Windows 7 - 64bit,
    i7 processor, 12gb ram, ATI 4800HD graphics card w/512 mb ram.
    microsoft Laser mouse 6000.
    All drivers current and uptodate on both graphics card and mouse.

This seemed to have started after the last AutoCAD service pack / update.

Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mouse Crosshairs randomly disappear...

Response message from AutoDESK Support:

"Hello William,

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support.

I understand your crosshairs disappear from time to time in AutoCAD 2012.

We are aware of this issue. Sometimes you can get them back by switching tabs, going to modelspace then back to paperspace (or vice-versa), or closing then opening the current drawing file.

The problem is the utter randomness of the behavior. If we can't reliably reproduce the behavior, we can't fix it. If you have steps to do so, we'd love to have them.

I will go ahead and close this case and associate it with the open defect we have in place for this issue. If a fix is determined, you will be notified. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if I can assist in any other way.

Best regards,

Tim Beckler
    Autodesk Support Team"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Hmm that doesn't sound very helpful.
    Does that mean it's a "known issue"?
    Think they will come out w/ a hotfix?

Login to Give a bone

Autodesk just release Service pack 1 for Autocad 2012. In the last day or two, i installed it and haven't had the crosshairs disapear yet... Not sure it that SP1 took care of this issue. I'll let this thread know if it continues to happen.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wboyanton View Post
    Autodesk just release Service pack 1 for Autocad 2012. In the last day or two, i installed it and haven't had the crosshairs disapear yet... Not sure it that SP1 took care of this issue. I'll let this thread know if it continues to happen.
    I installed SP1 on a machine that was having repeated instances of AWOL crosshair. Didn't make a bit of difference.

Login to Give a bone

Came here looking for an answer to this issue. Using Architecture 2012 and having the same issue. From Layout Space I switched to Model Space, changed the View from Top to SWIsometric then back to Top...et voila! The cursor returned. For my next trick...

Seriously, I don't know why it happens and I just stumbled across this "solution", but it seems to work each time the cursor disappears.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am having the same problem in AutoCad MEP 2012 but it happened in 2011 also. It seems to mostly happen after performing an "undo". They will not come back until I leave the drawing and open it up again. Someone else mentioned going to layout and then returning to model. This does not work for me. Fortunately, the pointer still works so the drawing can be saved before exit. It does not happen often only a couple times per week but it is still annoying.

Mike Caron

Login to Give a bone

May or may not be the same issue, but I found changing the crosshair color to yellow solved a similar problem.

Login to Give a bone

I've noticed this - but it's less than random. For me anyways - it's when you are in a viewport and you hit save. Something in the save function while you are in a viewport gets rid of the crosshairs about 50% of the time - and the only way to get them back is to close the drawing. I catch myself hitting save on accident while in a viewport and then just crossing my fingers. It's almost like a game at this point.

Login to Give a bone

I came here because of the same problem with the crosshairs. I'm going to have to pay closer attention to jparkhurt's comment. That may be what's happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast