See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse Crosshairs randomly disappear...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mouse Crosshairs randomly disappear...

I am also here for the same reason. Yesterday I had to close and re-open at least a half dozen times. I'm trying to get in the habbit of not saving while in a viewport. I have developed my own autosave over the years, Ctrl S.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jparkhurst View Post
    I've noticed this - but it's less than random. For me anyways - it's when you are in a viewport and you hit save. Something in the save function while you are in a viewport gets rid of the crosshairs about 50% of the time - and the only way to get them back is to close the drawing. I catch myself hitting save on accident while in a viewport and then just crossing my fingers. It's almost like a game at this point.
    I have some users experiencing the disappearing corsshairs. One responded to me saying he had this issue, typically whenever he saved a drawing in paper space while he had an open viewport to model space.

Like someone mentioned in an earlier post, the randomness of it has made it difficult to troubleshoot. I have yet to discover any commonality when it occurs.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I've come across this problem several times and have noticed that it only occurs after 3D modelling or navigation. I have never encountered this issue during or following any other process.

Hope this is of assistance to you in finding a solution.

Login to Give a bone

We are having this same issue with at least 2 of our PC's. With us it is happening in Civil 3D 2012. As with others it's completely random. It does seem to be drawing specific. Switch to another drawing and the crosshair work, switch back and they don't work. Close drawing and reopen then they work. I'll have to pay more attention to what I was doing when it happens again.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks, man.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jeff.benson View Post
    Came here looking for an answer to this issue. Using Architecture 2012 and having the same issue. From Layout Space I switched to Model Space, changed the View from Top to SWIsometric then back to Top...et voila! The cursor returned. For my next trick...

Seriously, I don't know why it happens and I just stumbled across this "solution", but it seems to work each time the cursor disappears.
    Wow, this worked for me too! Thanks much

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have my crosshairs disappearing and found out that one of my USB inputs was intefering (USB dock), when I removed it the problem was solved

Login to Give a bone

I have the same problem. I use Revit 2014 and AutoCAD 2014 with subscription, so they still have no fix with most current upgrade. I would be interested in the usb fix. I have no dock, but several usb slots.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovm View Post
    I have the same problem. I use Revit 2014 and AutoCAD 2014 with subscription, so they still have no fix with most current upgrade. I would be interested in the usb fix. I have no dock, but several usb slots.
    Go into your control panel and change your mouse settings. Mouse Properties>Pointers>Scheme: I selected the only NON windows setting there was, and now my cursor doesn't disappear behind my Layout view. I use Windows 7 Enterprise (64bit).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovm View Post
    Go into your control panel: Mouse>Pointers>Scheme:
    I selected the only NON-windows setting "Magnified(system scheme), and now my cursor doesn't hide behind my Layout view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12