Thread: All spaces won't detect fixtures

Login to Give a bone

Default All spaces won't detect fixtures

I have created spaces in a project and have created a space schedule to identify loads per space. There is only one space in the project that reports an outlet load (actual) in it. If I move the outlet out of the space it is not detected by the new space. If I move an outlet into that one working space it is detected. I cannot see any difference between the spaces, all created the same way with no editing afterwards. I have put them on a separate phase to the mechanical to allow them to be different sizes but since one space is working I can't see how this could be the problem.

They all have the same vertical dimensions as well and the outlets are entirely within the space.

If I change the phase of the outlets to the same phase as the spaces they work. The space that is reporting a load is set to phase elec spaces (same as all other spaces) and the outlets can be set to phase new construction just fine.

The outlets are not demolished at all

Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew Williams; 2012-09-18 at 12:22 AM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: All spaces won't detect fixtures

i'm having trouble understanding your ultimate goal, i guess i don't get why you're creating phases for discipline's spaces. phases work like a timeline, i think if you show a receptacle as existing in a phase, it's created then as existing, it doesn't show in the past. if your spaces are created before the receptacles are shown as existing, then they wouldn't schedule. so check your order of phases, or the phase filter on the schedule, you might be able to set it to show all (unless that will double your spaces, showing them from both phases), you might be able to show all, but filter the mech ones out via some instance parameter.
    or i'm totally wrong, i have to get phase lessons from my architect every time i deal with setting up a phased project...
    hth,
    mike

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Spaces exist in a specific phase, one phase only. If you change the phase of a view then the spaces won't be there. If that is what you are doing then in one case the outlet and the space are in the same "time" and the other the outlet exists but the space doesn't.

If you have a phase for existing and a phase for new construction, which phase is the space assigned to and which phase is the outlet assigned to?

Login to Give a bone

I have worked it out, I basically had to delete all the spaces and start over, there were quite a few redundant spaces which seemed to be the issue. Not sure why a couple worked and the rest didn't, they all appeared to have the same properties. The elec space phase exists after new construction and capture all elements that were not demolished in the new construction.

The reason for the seperate phase for the spaces is that there can be only one space per room bounding area in a given phase. We have a single model for mechanical and electrical and each has different requirements for spaces, i.e. mech will see an area near the windows as a separate space (and zone) in a large room, electrical would just see it as a single space. Basically we need the separate electrical and mechanical spaces to coexist. Solution came from the following link:

http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?...hread_id=19292