Thread: views disappear on CAD export

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default views disappear on CAD export

Had a strange thing happen this morning, not sure if anyone else had experienced this.

I exported a few views to CAD using a set created in the export dialogue. When I returned to my model, those views had disappeared from the project browser. I could still find the views (actually dependent views) on the Sheets so I knew they were still there. I looked under the project browser type properties and there had been a filter added that excluded those particular views from that set. Not sure why this would happen and I don't believe it's happened before but I can't be sure.

I wasn't too worried because I could access those from the sheet, but would freak if I couldn't find views I needed. Anyone else see this? Or is there some easy button for applying filters to the project browser that I'm not aware of that I may of accidentally pressed?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: views disappear on CAD export

Look thru the Project Browser carefully, it could be that you accidently hit the "Convert to Independent View" option someway or another.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: views disappear on CAD export

Actually, here's what I'm thinking happened. My guess is the filter was leftover from when the project was first started and the tinkering we had done w/ the display in the project browser (project started in '09 w/ RME 09). It was based on a print set that we don't typically use so that's why we haven't had any problems with it before. When I went to export, I used that set to narrow my choice of views to export then when I selected the particular views they were then "added" to the set which previously was empty I guess.

I've removed the filter from the project browser and everything is good, not sure where I would ever want to filter out particular views but now I know.