Thread: Coconut trees?

Login to Give a bone

Anyone know where I might be able to find a coconut tree or palm tree that can be modified? Tried RUGI and Revit City downloads but they don't appear they can be modified (created in another program?)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Coconut trees?

They are probably AutoCAD meshes. try exporting them as such and fiddling around with them outside Revit if you really need to.

Login to Give a bone

Brian,

You can edit the Accurender trees, but its one of the "dark " secrets of revit.

Using an existing loaded tree, select properties, edit-new, click on the accurender plant name, then the drop down menu arrow at the right. The accurender plant library opens. Select Palms and Yuccas and pick one from the name list, then right click on its thumnail and select edit. The accurender plant editor opens. You can fool around with trunks, branches and leaves from there.

Obvious wasn't it ? (not )

Login to Give a bone

Beegee,

Thanks for the info. When I edit the existing loaded tree nothing seems to happen. I don't see a different tree form or name in my list of tree types when I pick a different Accurender tree from the drop down menu. I'd like to use one of those Accurender palms but can't seem to find where I load them from elsewhere.

Login to Give a bone

Brian,

As I said, this is dark-arts Revit. Funny things happen when you edit these trees and I've given up trying to figure it out too much, but here's what I've found :-

1. The new palm loads into the file that you used to edit it ie deciduous trees or whatever. ( Don't ask me why ).
    2. The 2D plan and elevation representation remain unchanged. I believe this can be adjusted, but only God and David Connant know how.
    3. The palm is there however, if you render you can then see it.

This is a great opportunity for an expert to jump in and point out all the errors of my ways. Believe me, I welcome it.

( Hey ! this is post number 666 very appropriate !! )

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Brian,
    You did not mention whether or not you tried the accurender site. I don't know whether or not they have a palm tree, but it might be worth a shot.

Login to Give a bone

I visited the Accurender site and tried downloading their library but it seems like I need to have the Accurender program (which I don't)? I may be looking in the wrong place but couldn't find individual files to download.

Did a search on this site and found that someone else also recommended an Accurender palm tree. Sounds like it would probably suit my needs so I'd like to explore it further. Can someone clarify how I can begin using the Accurender trees?

Login to Give a bone

You can find both revit tree types on archigrafix website (www.archigrafix.com).

Login to Give a bone

You can find both trees on archigrafix.com .