Thread: Revit export linked models to DWG

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit export linked models to DWG

I am trying to export (3) Revit 2011 models to DWG to meet client standards. The DWGs need to be per client CAD standards. I have created an export table to get the layers/colors required. I have nailed down the Architectural translation pretty good, but the MEP and structural are giving me problems with the linked Architectural models. When I export the MEP model with a linked Arch model, the unlinked items come out OK, but the Architectural model gets made into a block and set to layer 0 with incorrect colors. When I explde the Arch background in AutoCAD, most (if not all the objects from the arch model gets put on on override color that I did not assign. When I put all the Arch objects to color ByLayer, the ByLayer color is 242. When I refer back to the Export table, the only line that is assigned color 242 is UNDERLAY. Is this one line all I have to control the linked model's colors and layers? Any ideas how to get the linked model's layers and colors as they are assigned in the export table? I currently have a script that I run with script pro on the exported DWGs to do some cleaning up, so if it requires exploding all the blocks or somethign to that extent, I would be OK with it.

Thank you!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit export linked models to DWG

OK, I partially got through my issue. I deleted the 242 color assignment in the export table and just left the underlay blank. This exports the linked models as blocks with colors originally still not right, but as soon as I explode the block references in AutoCAD and set all the layers to the By Layer color, it's good. Now I have to work on some lisp/scripting to get this to be automated, which I will do in another thread in the appropriate forum.
    If anyone has other ideas, I'm still open to them.
    Thanks