Thread: Semi-Clearance Rule

Login to Give a bone

Default Semi-Clearance Rule

Hey guys. I have received a model from a consultant who has created exterior precast walls. The wall panels have all components including the concrete, insulation, furring, and drywall. I would like to avoid any clashes where the structure penetrates the first 6" of the wall. Is this possible? Would anyone care to share how to do this?

Thanks,

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Semi-Clearance Rule

Hi civicduty

Are all the wall layers coming in as one object? If thas is the case you may be able to ask the molel author to seperate them. To some degree that can be bone in revit 2012 with parts and I have seen a wall layer seperating function also in ArchiCAD 13.
    I would suggest you start by takling to the model author. If there is a clash detection deleverable on the project, they need to prodece the model in a format that will work for you.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by civicduty View Post
    Hey guys. I have received a model from a consultant who has created exterior precast walls. The wall panels have all components including the concrete, insulation, furring, and drywall. I would like to avoid any clashes where the structure penetrates the first 6" of the wall. Is this possible? Would anyone care to share how to do this?

Thanks,
    When you say the first 6" of the wall, can you explain that a little further? Are you talking 6" from the ground or actually penetrating 6" into the wall (apparently the wall is more than 6"?)

If it's either of these two, you can create a zone in the wall, like an access or clearance zone and use that as a set you run clashes with.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan View Post
    When you say the first 6" of the wall, can you explain that a little further? Are you talking 6" from the ground or actually penetrating 6" into the wall (apparently the wall is more than 6"?)

If it's either of these two, you can create a zone in the wall, like an access or clearance zone and use that as a set you run clashes with.
    The wall is over 12" thick. I am trying to figure out how to allow a clearance of say 6" into the wall to allow for structural steel to bolt to the concrete. Currently, I get 200 clashes of the steel intersecting the wall although most of those clashes are only occuring through the drywall, furring, and insulation.

I am sorry to ask the noob question but how do you create a zone in the wall?

Thank you!