Thread: Usage Tracking Software

Login to Give a bone

Default Usage Tracking Software

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to track AutoCAD usage.
    Things like, what drawings you opened, the date/time you opened them, how long you had them open etc...

Does anyone use something like this?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Usage Tracking Software

Quote Originally Posted by robdg View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to track AutoCAD usage.
    Things like, what drawings you opened, the date/time you opened them, how long you had them open etc...

Does anyone use something like this?

Thanks!
    Well, there's the AutoCAD Express Tool EDITTIME... I believe that has to be activated per drawing though (can also be called up using TIME, I believe).

There's this product... http://www.cadtempo.com/CadTempo.html it'll monitor a couple of different programs like Excel and Word, too (used to be called Chronos).

I guess if you turn on LOGFILEMODE, you could track which drawings were opened by looking at the log (open and save tab of the options dialog in the File Safety Precautions groupbox).

Personally, I've never tried any of the above...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

My former colleague uses OpenIT (www.openit.com ) for monitoring license usage, in not sure if they have a free program, but i think they have free demo. anyways the good thing about it is that, it works even without the license manager. haven’t tried it yet, but i maybe evaluating the openit software soon. Will let you know if it works for me.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Rob, I know this is a late reply but, is this for tracking other users useage or for your own use to keep track of what you've worked on and when (maybe to help you on your time sheet?). If it's for the latter then I have a lisp tracking program that I use every day. When you run it, it asks you for a description of the work you're doing and then enters that description, the full file name path, date and time into a txt file. Each entry is separated by some spacers so when it's time to enter my time for billing I can look through that txt file and remind myself what and when I worked on drawings.

If this is something that would help you I'd be happy to post it. Just let me know!