Thread: AutoCAD 2004 - Non continuous linetypes do not plot correctly sometimes

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy AutoCAD 2004 - Non continuous linetypes do not plot correctly sometimes

We are having a problem with one of our autocad stations. We're using 2004 and everything seems to be fine most of the time. However, ever so often linetypes don't plot correctly on some drawings plotted from that computer. All lines plot as continuous linetypes. I can open the drawing from another station and it plots fine. Is there a setting in the registry that controls this and why does it only happen sometimes?

Anyone ever experienced this?? Thanks!!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2004 - Non continuous linetypes do not plot correctly sometimes

IS it really only one computer?

Or is is it random drawings?

Or if the drawing with the bad lines is plotted on another
    computer with the same CTB/STB file does it plot
    correctly, and are you keeping your plot styles and or
    linetype files locally, or on a network?

Or is that workstation loading some LISP that might
    be setting the ltscale to something stupid on start-up?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2004 - Non continuous linetypes do not plot correctly sometimes

It's only one computer and it's random drawings. I can open the drawing on another computer, set the psltscale to 1, use the same ctb file (it's on the server) and it plots perfect.

I'm wondering if there is a default setting in the registry on that computer that's causing it. It happens with drawings created on other computers also though. I'll have to check the lisps it's loading too.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the Forum Feedback Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2005-02-01 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Correct bad formatting.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tcone00
    It's only one computer and it's random drawings. I can open the drawing on another computer, set the psltscale to 1, use the same ctb file (it's on the server) and it plots perfect.
    Hi

Why do you have to set PSLTSCALE to 1 on the other computer, is it not set to 1 on the "problem" computer?

+

The following thread may help a little, it contains some links to various threads that deal with such stuff as Acad.lin, AcadIso.lin, LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, MEASUREMENT, MEASUREINIT etc -

Paper space changes line scale

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2005-01-19 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Would help if I actually post the link.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I'm wondering why you need to change anything upon open to get it to plot correctly at all?
    That isn't how plotting works in my world. Open, Plot, Perfect.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mjfarrell
    I'm wondering why you need to change anything upon open to get it to plot correctly at all?
    That isn't how plotting works in my world. Open, Plot, Perfect.
    Exactly and that's the problem! I can plot from any other station here in the office without changing a thing and the world is as perfect as yours. However, on this one computer the linetypes don't plot sometimes. The psltscale is set to 0 in random drawings opened on that computer.

My question is....is there a setting on the local computer (maybe in the registry) that sets that default value to 0 instead of 1.

All AUGI, all the time thomas.stright's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

My question is....is there a setting on the local computer (maybe in the registry) that sets that default value to 0 instead of 1.
    Sounds like someone customized a lisp.....