See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAD Plotters

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD Plotters

for brand wise OCE all the way I have used Cannons, HP etc. Get the laser style ones with toner not ink just in general its a lot faster especially if you aren't using colours. OCE seems to have less jams etc. I forget what series my office used but we could plot full A0 or E which ever like I'll say maybe a minute. with standard A1 I could send a batch of 15 or so and by the time i walked up one floor and got the room it be done the next print job after mine.

Login to Give a bone

Had an Oce Colourwave 600 on trial for a while. Absolutely brilliant laser machine. Complex test print I used, took 5-6 mins on our hp4000 was done in 65 secs on the Colourwave.

Procurement problems meant we are back on the hp4000 for now

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quick question for everyone, about three years ago i had been working with a Oce Colorwave 600, and i went to work for a new company and talked them into buying an Oce Colorwave 650. I was wondering if you can use the Colorwave 600 toner pearls in the Colorwave 650? they look to be the same and some websites are selling colorwave 600/650 toner pearls but if i call the tech guy that set our printer up he says, "well the only thing i know is Oce says its a different formula".....??? i was just wondering if anyone has tried to use the 600 pearls in the 650???

thanks

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Years ago I used a 650C and it served me well. I've been out of the CAD world for about ten years but am slowly being forced into it. I can acquire an old 650C at little or no cost. Since it's familiar to me and would serve my purposes, subject to connectivity, I'd get it. As I recall, the 650C worked with either a serial or a parallel printer port (36 pin?). Can I get to it with a USB cable and some kind of converter?

Login to Give a bone

best bet for connectivity would be a network print server with a parallel port connection - unless there's an HP JetDirect optin for that old a machine. While I was a fan of the 650 a couple of decades ago, that was a couple of decades ago. seriously - if you need to do any printing for a final deliverable, a 24" sheet/roll printer is not all _that_ much. (says the guy with a 450 roll plotter setting in the corner....

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by donbraun View Post
    Years ago I used a 650C and it served me well. I've been out of the CAD world for about ten years but am slowly being forced into it. I can acquire an old 650C at little or no cost. Since it's familiar to me and would serve my purposes, subject to connectivity, I'd get it. As I recall, the 650C worked with either a serial or a parallel printer port (36 pin?). Can I get to it with a USB cable and some kind of converter?
    I’m successfully using hp 430 with this cable http://www.dynexproducts.com/product...s/DX-UBPC.html
    The only problem is that the drivers for Win7/8 are not available anymore, same with 650. I’m using a driver for 500 instead, since this is the only (I think) old generation plotter still supported and running on the same language http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...&lang=en&cc=us
    I remember I had some minor difficulties setting it up, but if you know what you’re doing, it should be a piece of cake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12