Thread: Door with overhead Louver!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Door with overhead Louver!!

I'm trying to create a door with overhead louver family as shown in the attached file, after finishing it i couldn't adjust the Louver height (Overhead Louver) without changing the door height , i actually don't know where the problem is....and how could i move the door to be aligned to the edge of the wall not to be located in the middle of the wall as shown in the file??

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door with overhead Louver!!

I didn't open the file but things I would check are making sure the Height parameter is only for the door and that you have a separate parameter to control the height of the lover that's constrained from the Top reference plane up to the top of the lover. You also want to make sure the Wall Opening is aligned and locked to the top of the louver.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ttiefenbach View Post
    I didn't open the file but things I would check are making sure the Height parameter is only for the door and that you have a separate parameter to control the height of the lover that's constrained from the Top reference plane up to the top of the lover. You also want to make sure the Wall Opening is aligned and locked to the top of the louver.
    i did a parameter for the door height and another one for the louver height, when i change the louver height it works fine but when i change the door height the louver blade intersect with the door frame as shown in the PNG attached file......i think that there is a missing parameter.....i just need a clue
    Please find the new attached files
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by arch_sarah_ashraf989394 View Post
    i did a parameter for the door height and another one for the louver height, when i change the louver height it works fine but when i change the door height the louver blade intersect with the door frame as shown in the PNG attached file......i think that there is a missing parameter.....i just need a clue
    I looked at your file and it appears that you didn't have the blades locked vertically to anything. See a copy of your attached file ---> I locked the bottom blade to the bottom frame and the top blade to the top frame. You can change this dimension to suit your needs. I also reworked your array. Not sure but it appeared that you had done an array with the "Second" option, instead of "Last".

Note that I didn't lock anything in or out of the frame nor left/right in your family, you may want to check those to be sure they stay where they are supposed to.

I have attached a sample from our louver family if you want to deconstruct it. This one has the blades locked in each direction so they stay where their supposed to.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by arch_sarah_ashraf989394 View Post
    Lock the array to the bottom and top of the louver.

Here is you file revised.

Login to Give a bone

Thankssssss a lot for you all