See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Aligned dimensions acting like linear dimensions (only up-down, left-right on page as viewed)

Login to Give a bone

Default Aligned dimensions acting like linear dimensions (only up-down, left-right on page as viewed)

For some reason, when i use the dimensioning function, I click on "aligned" and it only gives me an "up-down" or "left-right" axis ( when I am looking at the page) to measure from instead of a point (for which I can make angled dimensions). I thought that was only for linear dimensions.

Why is my aligned dimensions not working at angles?

Many thanks, deeply appreciated.

Joseph

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Aligned dimensions acting like linear dimensions (only up-down, left-right on page as viewed)

If you are dimensioning between two parallel lines, whether they are orthogonal or at an angle to to up-down, the dimension line will be normal to the parallel lines, ie at 90 degree angles, as expected from linear dimensioning. In order to dimension between a line and a point (like the end of a wall, or the corner of two walls) you need to hover over the point and TAB through possible pick locations until either a small or a miniscule (like one pixel) point shows up, indicating Revit has found that point. Once this is TAB cycling is done, the aligned dimension will be for the straight-line distance between pick points.