Thread: Maya Characters misleading

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Maya Characters misleading

Can someone please explain to me how to create a "character" from a humanik, control rigged skeleton. The "character" that is selectable in the character controls window menu is apparently not a "character". If you look in the outliner after characterizing your skeleton, locking it, etc... the little Mia looking character icon does not appear. The word character1_* does appear which I assume is a some type of character that confuses things when trying to create clips, poses, etc.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Maya Characters misleading

Autodesk Maya 2013 software delivers practical toolsets to help create and maintain the modern, open pipelines you need to address today’s challenging 3D animation, visual effects, game development, and post production projects. Powerful new toolsets for dynamic simulation, animation, and rendering offer new levels of creativity, while everyday productivity enhancements help you finish faster. In addition, the Open Data initiative introduced in Maya 2013 offers tools to help facilitate parallel workflows and better complexity handling.
    So try it