Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modify attributes in blocks with visibility states that have changed

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Modify attributes in blocks with visibility states that have changed

Thanks for quick reply.
    I'll explain a little about my block HT-RCBO&RCCB
    I use block with Visibility parameter, a lot of attribute and table parameter to make persist constraint between Attribute and Visibility state. This block work well if I select individual block and choose value base on table parameter.
    Now I want to modify several block by export attribute via ATTOUT command, edit it and import via ATTIN command. Unfortunately, Visibility parameter cannot export so I can't change this parameter.
    I have an idea use TYPE attribute to control the Visibility parameter. After change TYPE attribute and import to AutoCAD ,use LISP command or VBA to update Visibility parameter base on TYPE attribute. But I don't know how to begin
    Please help me, thank you a lots.
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Modify attributes in blocks with visibility states that have changed

I apologize for taking so long to reply. I have taken a look at your drawing and being totally honest I don't have a clue how you can do what I think you want to do. If you are wanting to modify the visibility state of a block already inserted into the drawing I would think that is not possible. You could use the block editor to modify but that would change all the blocks with that name.

You might be able to do this with the power of VB.NET but I don't really know. What you are doing is way beyond anything that I have ever done. If you haven't already, I would suggest you repost this in the programming discussion group. Try AutoLISP first since that is what you are familiar with. I am sorry I can't help you but if you repost you can probably find help.

Also if you happen to have a subscription you can post the problem there and they may be able to help you. They don't normally help with programming but they might be able to tell you whether it is possible to do what you are wanting to do. Good luck, Jack.

Login to Give a bone

easy way to solve this problem please visite

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I know this is an old post, and probably a dumb question, but how would I modify this script to update two attributes? I have a similar issue and I'm only dangerous with LISP, but i need to update two things in a dynamic block. using the example from the original post block file, what if I also want to update the contents of 'UPRATSH' or 'DESC' in the block?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12