Thread: NWC export from Revit model with linked models

Login to Give a bone

Question NWC export from Revit model with linked models

Hi, I have a Revit model that I've linked other Revit models into. There are multiple instances of these linked in models in my main Revit model.

When I exprt a NWC file from my Revit model, only one instance of the linked model is showing up in the NWC file.

Anyone know why this is? I've tried all the options I can find in the NWC export dialogue settings, with no luck at all

Peter

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: NWC export from Revit model with linked models

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Davies View Post
    Hi, I have a Revit model that I've linked other Revit models into. There are multiple instances of these linked in models in my main Revit model.

When I exprt a NWC file from my Revit model, only one instance of the linked model is showing up in the NWC file.

Anyone know why this is? I've tried all the options I can find in the NWC export dialogue settings, with no luck at all

Peter
    I am getting the same result. Hmmm. You could shared coordinates and then export each location out as a different NWC file and then consolidate in Navisworks. This is a bummer of a work around, but at least the buildings will come in with the right orientation, etc. in Navisworks....Sorry!
    Anyone from the shop have a better solution?

Login to Give a bone

Peter
    You could also export as a DWFX from Revit. All the links will come into Navisworks. I am not sure if this will work for you as you might need particular properties/parameters, etc.

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Are you using Navis/Revit 2012?

Login to Give a bone

I am using Navisworks 2012 and I assume that the other user is as well. It seems Design Options are not recognized when exporting to Navisworks if they are linked. You get the one file to come in, but if the link has been copied multiple times such as in a multi-parcel site or campus, only one of the instances reads through to Navisworks if you use the NWC export. Exporting to DWFx works, but not NWC.
    Regards,
    Teresa

Login to Give a bone

Peter
    Reply from Autodesk

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. Exporting nested Revit linked model has been logged with our development team and has been marked to be fixed in the next major release of the product.
    Meanwhile we recommend using bind command to the linked Revit model before exporting the geometry.

I'll use a dwf file to imort into nwks rather than bind until this is fixed I think.
    Last edited by Peter Davies; 2012-01-16 at 08:07 PM.