0 0%
  • No you jerk

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intersection Wizard--Curb Return

Login to Give a bone

Cool Intersection Wizard--Curb Return

I was trying to use the intersection wizard to make a T intersection. I made my alignment and then cut a profile, made a proposed profile for roadway (profile by layout), for both roads then I used intersection wizard. Everything seemed to be fine except for my curbs at the intersection go down to elevation zero. I suspect it was my curb returns, I tried to see what it was targeting and it is showing to be targeting some profile That cad generated. Is there a way to Change this or fix this?

P.S. I have made these intersections with feature lines before but it is time consuming.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Intersection Wizard--Curb Return

Make your own curb return alignments and profiles, or verify that the C3D created profiles that it used are as long as the parent alignment that created them.

In the long run you will be hapier creating your own alignments and profiles, because then you will know EXACTLY what data was used and why they behave the way they do.

Login to Give a bone

Yes but this takes more time. I have ended up creating the entire intersection but it much more time to do this. I am trying to be more efficient in using the autocad intersection wizard to create these for me.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by raunelortiz659677 View Post
    Yes but this takes more time. I have ended up creating the entire intersection but it much more time to do this. I am trying to be more efficient in using the autocad intersection wizard to create these for me.

I would suggest you send me a copy of the file with the bad intersection in it so that I can analyze what went wrong with the work the wizard did for you.

The question I would pose:

What value is the accuracy of your design?

The next question would be; would you be interested in seeing a method to help create you intersection designs much more efficiently?

Login to Give a bone

I have deleted that intersection but will be starting a new one within the next day so i can send you that one and show you my issues.

I guess I don't understand your question
    'What value is the acuracy of your design?'
    I guess if your asking if the model should be be accurate then yes because we will be grading from the back of curb a sidewalk that will lead to a parking garage and a building. Elevations should be accurate for this purpose as well as to build from.

On your second question, I am open to suggestions for any method that would help create intersection designs more efficiently.

Login to Give a bone

I'm in the same boat as raunelortiz. I've created a T intersection using the wizard. All profiles and alignments are fine and at the right level. When i create the intersection and check it in object viewer the adjoining roads are fine except half of my intersection corridors are at 0. This obviously throws out all the daylighting. I've recreated existing surface, recreated assemblies, used the standard assemblies, set target surfaces again and again. Nothing works. It's wierd because the alignments are correct and i thought the wizard is run from the relationship between the alignments.
    I have no answers currently!

Login to Give a bone

I'd also like to see a method to help create intersection designs much more efficiently!
    Cheers MJ.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mitchblyth215344 View Post
    I'd also like to see a method to help create intersection designs much more efficiently!
    Cheers MJ.
    I think the MOST efficient method is the one I teach. In this instance we Ignore the wizard entirely, and enlist the aide of a DUMMY corridor to solve some of the design challenges for th curb levels.
    Then our intersections function as we want them to, and we aren't left trying to determine where the Wizard went off the rails.

Cheers Mitch! Can I see your dodgy file?

Login to Give a bone

Are you using 3 alignments or just 2 for the "T" intersection? I had a problem trying to use 3 coming together at one point. It works best to only have 2 alignments.

Bruce

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Intersection Wizard--Curb Return

Quote Originally Posted by bruce.klug View Post
    Are you using 3 alignments or just 2 for the "T" intersection? I had a problem trying to use 3 coming together at one point. It works best to only have 2 alignments.

Bruce
    Not that it matters; why would there be THREE (3) alignments involved at a "T" intersction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast