Thread: DB apperance depending on attribute value

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default DB apperance depending on attribute value

I have copied this thread from Dynamic Blocks subforum and I hope I will have more luck here

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to change block apperance (for example dimensions) by attribute value?

For example lets say that I have DB with just linear stretch and I want my DB to read stretch value from attribute value. If YES, Then I'm able to export/import attributes and automaticaly change dimensions of multiple blocks.

I've prepared test DB block to show what I would like to achieve.
    Block contains two attributes (lenght_att, height_att) and two streatch actions based on two parameters (lenght_parameter, height_parameter).

Because I have attributes I have possibility to do export/import attribute data. And I would like sth to read/write attributes value into parameters value:
    lenght_att >>> lenght_parameter
    height_att >>> height_parameter

www.cadforum.cz/forum_en/uploads/38935/test.dwg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DB apperance depending on attribute value

Quote Originally Posted by Macieto View Post
    I have copied this thread from Dynamic Blocks subforum and I hope I will have more luck here
    Please do not do that in the future. It is against the Forum Guidelines and may lead to the removal of duplicate threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Macieto View Post
    I'm wondering if there is a possibility to change block apperance (for example dimensions) by attribute value?

For example lets say that I have DB with just linear stretch and I want my DB to read stretch value from attribute value. If YES, Then I'm able to export/import attributes and automaticaly change dimensions of multiple blocks.

I've prepared test DB block to show what I would like to achieve.
    Block contains two attributes (lenght_att, height_att) and two streatch actions based on two parameters (lenght_parameter, height_parameter).

Because I have attributes I have possibility to do export/import attribute data. And I would like sth to read/write attributes value into parameters value:
    lenght_att >>> lenght_parameter
    height_att >>> height_parameter

www.cadforum.cz/forum_en/uploads/38935/test.dwg
    You would need to find all of your desired blocks through a selection set. Of course, being dynamic blocks, you pretty much have to select all blocks. After you have your initial selection, you will need to run through them one time to filter out the blocks that do not have an EffectiveName of your desired dynamic block. (Of course, you can decide to run through this list only once and act on it depending on the EffectiveName of the block.) Now that you have your list of blocks, you would process these blocks to extract the attribute values to assign to the parameter values.

I'm sure someone has done something similar to this and posted it here. However, the specific tasks mentioned above are posted in these forums. You just may have to combine them to make a coherent routine to automate your task.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DB apperance depending on attribute value

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Please do not do that in the future. It is against the Forum Guidelines and may lead to the removal of duplicate threads.

You would need to find all of your desired blocks through a selection set. Of course, being dynamic blocks, you pretty much have to select all blocks. After you have your initial selection, you will need to run through them one time to filter out the blocks that do not have an EffectiveName of your desired dynamic block. (Of course, you can decide to run through this list only once and act on it depending on the EffectiveName of the block.) Now that you have your list of blocks, you would process these blocks to extract the attribute values to assign to the parameter values.
    selecting the block will not be the problem because I will have it on separate layer

I'm sure someone has done something similar to this and posted it here. However, the specific tasks mentioned above are posted in these forums. You just may have to combine them to make a coherent routine to automate your task.
    Well, I will try to find it.

Thx Opie