Thread: Mechanical equipment family with nested families cannot be selected as equipment for the duct system

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Mechanical equipment family with nested families cannot be selected as equipment for the duct system

I downloaded a Johnson Controls Rooftop unit (attached), and everything looks great until I try to select it as the Equipment for my duct system. I can select an out of the box VAV, but not the Johnson Controls RTU. The family uses nested families that are categorized as Mechanical Equipment, so I changed those to Generic Models, but I still can't select the unit as my equipment for the duct system. Any idea what's going on?

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mechanical equipment family with nested families cannot be selected as equipment for the duct system

Are the Connectors part of the nested families? Revit cannot connect to them if they are buried within a nested family.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mechanical equipment family with nested families cannot be selected as equipment for the duct system

Quote Originally Posted by CADastrophe View Post
    Are the Connectors part of the nested families? Revit cannot connect to them if they are buried within a nested family.
    No the connectors are part of the parent family. I can actually connect to it just fine with ductwork, I just can't select it as the equipment for that system, so in my System Browser, only the air terminals show up for that system.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It's becuase the Supply Air Connector's Flow Direction is set to "In". Change it to "Out" and you can select it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADastrophe View Post
    It's becuase the Supply Air Connector's Flow Direction is set to "In". Change it to "Out" and you can select it.
    Bingo. Didn't even think to look at that, thanks!